What a week!
I am feeling better and I go day by day. I have been on meds since last Friday and still can't taste or smell anything but at least I am functioning.
Abby was back at the doctor yesterday for her wez that she continued to have in her chest. Diagnosis - she needed a breathing treatment. So, she got one. We were also sent home with a prescription for an inhaler and a steroid that she will take for the next 5 days. She is to see an asthma doctor for further testing. Our appointment is in mid July. Glad we weren't desperate!
Abby graduated from 8th grade last night. Yes, they had a ceremony and it lasted all of 40 minutes - much better than the 1 1/2 hours last year! With the middle school split in two, it makes for faster ceremonies!! We are having a party for her on Monday with just the family. Break out the chocolate fountain :}
She has her state high jump tomorrow so she had practice this afternoon. After practice we ran home to pick up her softball gear and headed off the Gabby's softball game. Half way to the game we get a call that Gabby is coughing badly and having trouble breathing. By the time we get to the game, we are in emergency mode. She can no longer feel her hands or feet. Her hands were stiff and crumpled against her body and she couldn't walk. She was crying and asking what was wrong with her. My immediate response - "I don't know but we are going to find out!" The trainer from the other team help us get her into my car and off to the ER we went. Abby climbed into the back seat with her and calmed her down. We got to the ER to simply wait for what seemed like forever! By the time we got up to a room, her symptoms were gone but she was exhausted. A nurse and doctor came in quickly and diagnosed. Her coughing fit that she was having (due to running in from center field) caused her to hyperventilate. This caused her face to go numb and her to panic. The panic then caused her to have issues with her hands and feet that they called spasms. The doctor showed what her hand would look like and it fit her look to a tee. The best we could do for her is to get her home, put her on some stronger meds and get her some rest. I closed up the house and turned on the a/c. It about killed me to do it but 3 out of 4 of us can't breath so it is worth the cost to keep us healthy. She has had supper and I gave her multiple drugs to get her system going again. She is going through what I went through last Friday. She just doesn't feel good and she has two tests tomorrow that she is insistent that she will be at school for. She wouldn't miss taking her drivers ed test if her life depended on it :} I told her she could come home after her tests if she wanted to. She just went up to bed and I pray that she rests well tonight.
It has been a long day of all of us. My Aunt Doris was also at the ER tonight - same one - we should get a family rate :} They are keeping her overnight to regulate her diabetes, heart and low blood pressure. Bless my Aunts that were in the ER when we came in. They were rocks for us and uplifted us in prayer. Thanks Aunt Sandra and Aunt Phyllis!!! I also got to see my Uncle Jack and Aunt Joy that I haven't seen in probably 15 years. Uncle Jack didn't know me but Aunt Joy did :} She looked at Abby and told her she looked just like her momma. I'm not sure that made Abby very happy (she hates being called "Little Jeanette") but she did laugh about it. Please keep my Aunt Doris in your prayers. She has a long road ahead of her.
If you would please pray for us every weekday from 10-11:30 from June 8-23rd. Gabby will be driving "behind the wheel" and we will need all the prayers we can get! That is a warning for those of you that live in our area. I'm thinking of painting my car pink just so people can see us coming. Do you think that would be a bit overboard? Nope, I didn't think so either :}
I need to get some meds into me so that I can sleep tonight.
Hugs,
Merry Christmas
10 months ago

5 comments:
Wow! What a day! I'll be sure to watch out for Gabs. Hope everyone sleeps well tonight!
What a day you've had! I'm sending prayers for all of you and will pray daily at the times you requested-but I'll be praying 3 hours early to make up the time difference. I hope that you feel better soon, I know it takes a while. Just try and slow down and be good to yourself!
I have been totally out of pocket all week because of a computer virus, ugh! The point, I am catching up today....I am so sorry that y'all are feeling so badly and I hope all is well soon! Take an easy!!
I left you award at my blog, swing by and pick it!!
I have enjoyed reading your blog.
I am new to the blog world, but have seen the miracle of the blogging community and prayer in the last two days. Hope you will stop by my blog and pray for little Maggie.
Post a Comment