Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wrapped up the weekend.

The weekend is coming to a close.

I am on the upswing of feeling better. I am still taking massive amounts of meds and resting. I don't know if I'll be back to my regular routine tomorrow or not. I'll see when I drag myself out of bed.

Tomorrow Abby goes to Six Flags for her 8th grade class trip. She is so excited. She graduates on Wednesday evening (yes, we have a real graduation program). Some schools don't acknowledge graduating from 8th grade, ours does. My school did when I was in 8th grade too so it has been around for awhile :}

Gabby's last day of school is June 3rd. She feels like she is getting ripped off having to go 2 weeks longer than Abby but I can't change that! I have no idea why the 8th graders get out so early! Our seniors graduated today so that will mean that on Wednesday, there will be an extra 300 kids running around the area.

We are so proud of Abby. On Friday, she will compete in the State track meet in high jump. She finally made it past the 4'6" line and was the only one in her sectional to clear 4'8" - something she had not done all season. She is proud of herself as well :} We don't know if she will make the finals but she is going to do her best. She is feeling better and is faithful to take her medicine (and no, I have not taken any of her cough meds).

My meds have kicked in and I am getting really punchy on my laptop. Time to turn in :}

Hugs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get better soon . . . this weather doesn't help!

Congrats Abba Dabba - I am proud of you!

Love to all!

ADMIN said...

Get lots of rest and catch up on our favorite shows like Ace of Cakes. I think that tomorrow the new TV show Cake Boss starts, so maybe you can watch it if you're awake.
Sending hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery.
I think that 8th grade graduation is really nice. Our school has a ceremony and the kids head to Disney Land. They get out 2 weeks before the other grades too.
Congrats to Abby!

Peppermint0984 said...

I hope you're feeling better today! Way to go Abs! I can't believe she's going into HS (Gabs either). Crazy! Missed seeing you @ church yesterday!