It is officially Memorial Day weekend. I am excited that summer is finally here!
Today finds us with continued sickness. Abby is doing much better. Gabby is not. Today she is running a fever to go along with her headache, sore throat, severe congestion and coughing. So a call to the pediatrician call center has us into the after hours clinic at 12:30 to check her out. We know she is sick when she is missing a double header today - a gorgeous day to play ball! It is not to be, you can see it in her eyes.
She needs to get better because we have a graduation party for Abby on Monday. I'm putting off going to the grocery store to pick up supplies. If she is not better by tomorrow we will have to cancel, sigh. This is my life!
I'm guessing Gabby needs to be on meds more often. She scored 100% on her drivers ed test. She will get her permit next week. EEEeeeeeccccccckkkkkkkkk!
After getting Gabs home from the doctor, I'm going to take Abby out to do some shopping. She is bored already, 2 days into summer vacation. Hhhhhmmm, I'm thinkin' she needs more chores :}
My DH is bored too. He is reading today and says that we are boring. I am completely enjoying having nothing to do today. Why does everyone feel like they should always be doing something? Isn't it ok to have a day off? I know that in a few weeks when we are neck deep in softball tourneys, we will be looking for a weekend free to do absolutely nothing. I find them to be glorious! There are books that are calling my name.
My car needs washed and cleaned out. Monday calls for rain....maybe I'll back my car out on Monday throw some car wash stuff on it and call it clean! It may even get a spot free rinse :}
That is all for now.
Hugs!
Merry Christmas
7 months ago

4 comments:
I hope Gabby feels better very soon! Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
My Dear Sister . . . I am prescribing medication for you.
RX - take TWO days - Saturday and Sunday and do nothing! Sit and enjoy yourself - you deserve it!
Love and hugs,
Poor Jeanette!
Your hubby needs a Honey-Do list to keep him busy.
I hope everthing is back to normal at your house soon! It's awful when the kids are sick! Sending prayers for a full recovery.
Take it easy and relax, then relax some more.
Hugs,
Mimi
I hope she feels better soon. Sorry she missed her ballgame. We have two more softball games and we are through.
And there is NOTHING wrong with having a day with nothing to do.
Post a Comment