Saturday, May 30, 2009

Time to get you up to speed :}

This week has been a blur and I have been unable to keep up with all my blogging buddies.

Whew!

Time to slow down and enjoy some down time.....

OK, down time over :}

Here is what has been going on in our week.....

As you know, Gabby has been sick. Just so you know that she does she a doctor, here are some pictures of her sitting on a firetruck...


That's right folks, our after hours service has a fire truck bed. Doesn't she look happy to be there??

I knew she didn't feel good. There was no spark in her eyes. Her spark is now back!!

Monday, we celebrated Abby's graduation from 8th grade by having a cookout for our extended family. Here is Abby the night of her graduation.....

She enjoyed some pictures with some of her friends. And her favorite teacher, Mrs. Sollenberger. We heart Mrs. S! She is an awesome teacher!! We will miss her next year as both our girls had her for 8th grade science.

On to the cookout pictures. We have one of these....

That's right! We own a chocolate fountain and find any excuse to get it out :}

Ryan enjoyed it!

So did Liam, Aunt Liz & Kara!

Kendra and Ryan digging in!

Alyson & EJ were swimming in the chocolate - their faces show it :}


Jerry, Jason, Gabby & Bill all had their fair share!

Dad and my MIL enjoyed some chit chat.

Abby enjoying opening her cards. And just to prove that wearing a dress to graduation has not changed her ...

her scabbed up knee from sliding into home plate at ball practice.

This guy and his many extended family members have become the bain of my existence! Bunnies have invaded our neighborhood. Ggggrrrrrr!

On to better things :}

Gabby made the free paper on Wednesday....


Unfortunately, they lost their first regional game 13-10 and are now done with school softball. They finished on Thursday night and Friday night was her (& Abby's) summer team's first tournament game. They won 16-1 and today they won 12-3. They play tomorrow at 1:30 to start tournament play. The first 2 games are considered pool play and decide the placement of who they play in the tournament.

Gabby came home yesterday with a most dreaded piece of paper. She has her drivers permit. Today I took her out to the school parking lot to get started. There was much laughing (mostly from the guy walking his dog through the school parking lot). Tonight I took her around our neighborhood (watch out Sarah!). 1 hour down, 49 hours to go! I admit I did yell once....brake, Gabby, brake! That would have been when she was backing out of the garage and she floored the accelerator. She has much to learn and I do believe that I have at least one more gray hair to show for it. Do I really have to do this again next year when Abby gets her permit???

I got both cars cleaned out and washed today on top of all the softball and driving lessons. Abby and I went out looking for some new softball accessories. She wanted a new softball backpack and needed new sliding shorts. Gabby has been studying most of the afternoon for finals on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. School needs to be out already! All those snow days are catching up with us!!

Time to call it a night. I'll try to be more diligent next week but I can't make any promises :}

Hugs all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say . . . Welcome to JuJus world! Totally love your post and can just hearing you shouting Brake! I will tell you I have had a few near heart attacks while teaching my sweet girl to drive! If I ever want someone to just be quiet for a while, all I have to do is threaten to take them with Katelyn and I when she goes out driving! You could hear a pin drop!

Glad the girls are both feeling better! I get a huge kick out of seeing Abby's owies! Not that she is hurt, but the fact that she has such boo boos - my boys would go ape!

Patrice and Higgins said...

Wow you are always busy!! Trust me I am on my second teenage driver right now, and I have grey hairs flying all over the place...it does not get any easier! I thought it would, but NOPE! I'll be praying for you and all the poor unexpecting people around you! HA!

ADMIN said...

Abby's party looks like fun! Glad to hear the sickness has left our house. Good luck with those driving lessons! I'm sure Gabby will be a fast learner and you'll soon be chauffred everywhere in style. Have a fabulous Sunday!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

ooo that chocolate fountain looks heavenly. I am dreading the day Bub gets his permit, at least I have several years before that happens.

Peppermint0984 said...

I<3 Mrs. S too!

As for the driving - can you put some like brightly colored flags on the car when Gabs is driving so I know not to go any where (j/k Gabs). And it's scary to think that Abs will be driving next year. By then, I'll be living on the other side of town though. :)

j said...

Congrats to your 8th grade graduate. That'll be us next year. Awesome pic in the paper! She's famous :)

Are you all watching the WCWS? Are you pulling for Florida or Washington?

Y'all have a great week Jeanette.