Today was our first official full day of summer vacation!
It was a full day.
We started the day by mowing the grass, getting laundry started, running the vacuum upstairs and heading off to get Gabby's haircut.
After the haircut we needed to get some cakes built at work and to make some cupcakes before getting Gabby in to her eye appointment that apparently we didn't have. Our name had been erased from the book?! Rescheduled the eye appointment for Saturday and did some shopping before heading out for softball practice.
All of this while trying to teach Gabby how to drive.
AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
So far we have 3 hours under our belt. The state requires 50 hours plus 9 months behind the wheel before they can get their license. I would have no problem with that if it wasn't ME that had to drive with her :} I have no doubt that the lady in the green van that we almost hit last night just about wet her pants! I must admit that I did yell today. I had to apologize! I get frustrated when I am saying we are going to turn up here, slow down, slow down, slow down (going into the turn) SLOW DOWN! For some reason, she is having trouble slowing down around turns, like we must take the turns on two wheels or something. Again....
AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
I know I probably did the same thing to my mom. Bless her over and over. I don't think I was this bad :}
All kidding aside, she is doing ok. Just the occasional, slow down or stay in your own lane comment from mom. Abby was with us today. Bless her heart! Can I really do this again next year?!
Tonight all is quiet. Gabby is spending the night with her girlfriend. Abby and Bill are curled up on the couches and I am in the recliner with my trusty laptop and my blanket wrapped around me. The windows are open and the cool breeze is keeping the house comfortable.
Tomorrow brings a hair appointment for me and I need to finish up some cakes at work. I'm heading out with a girlfriend for dinner - remember I had to cancel a few weeks ago!! The girls had a softball game re-scheduled but I'm not cancelling my plans. I. NEED. TO. GET.AWAY! They don't mind me missing one game anyway.
Need to close for tonight.
Hugs all!
Merry Christmas
10 months ago

2 comments:
Hi Jeanette! The driving lessons seem to be moving right along. Good job!
A night out sounds realllllly good. Have fun!
Hugs,
Mimi
Cracks Me Up! Can you believe that we are BOTH in Drivers' training WITH OUR DAUGHTERS AT THE SAME TIME? Both of us, putting our lives in their hands? OH MY GOODNESS,WILL WE SURVIVE? I totally can relate! Hang in there and always be prepared to grab that wheel!
Love ya
Post a Comment