Sunday, June 7, 2009

Where did my weekend go?

I'll tell you!

Friday night was my night to get out with my girlfriend. So I ditched dropped off the girls and headed for Chili's. The food was yummy and the conversation splendid! From there we headed to the theatre to see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. It was ok but I wouldn't spend the money to actually see it at the theatre. Not something for the kiddos to see. Of course, there had to be popcorn with the movie. This was a luxury as I generally don't flip for the snacks and drinks. After the movie, we called it a night.

What can I say? She has 5 kids and I have 2 teenagers. We were both exhausted!!

I went to bed feeling slightly nauseous. I got up at 2am feeling really nauseous so I headed downstairs to lay on the couch. Needless to say, after a VERY rough night on the couch, I am now 4 pounds lighter! I spent my day on the couch with no energy whatsoever. My menu for the day, toast with a bit of jelly and a handfull of apple cinnamin Cheerios. Yummo :} Yeah, and I'll not be having any popcorn for A LONG time! The up side......the kids got me everything I needed and I spent the day on the couch WITH the remote.

This morning when the alarm went off, I wanted to beat it with a bat! We slept an extra 1/2 hour and headed to church a bit later than normal but it felt good. My tummy was feeling SO MUCH better today.

After church we went to my SIL's for my niece's 3rd birthday party. Lunch was SO GOOD and I stepped lightly around everything. No over filling or over doing. The small piece of cake was yummy and I stopped way before that uncomfortable feeling. It was fun to see her enjoy her gifts and in correct "Jeanette" form, I forgot my camera so no pics this time :{

Our sister church dedicated their new church building this evening so we cut out of the birthday party to go to another party. We did not "regift" so I think that is ok, right?! It was a wonderful service and we got to see many people we had not seen in awhile.

Alas, we are finally home safely. That is a huge feat as Gabby was driving us all day. It was interesting and we are happy that tomorrow she actually get to be with a teacher!

We have just over 2 months until our sweet Edris comes from Spain. We are so anxious and excited! WE.CAN'T.WAIT! We have so many things we want to show her and so many people that are anxious to meet her.

Enjoy your Sunday evening! We are watching a storm roll in and listening to the thunder roll. Bring it on Lord, we need Your rest :}

Hugs!

3 comments:

j said...

I'm sorry you got sick but don't give up one movie theater popcorn (YUM). Glad that you are feeling better!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Glad your feeling better, sounds like you got a touch of food poisoning.

ADMIN said...

Oh no Jeanette!
Poor baby! I don't know what the deal is with us moms and junk food. The other day the kids had milkshakes and I decided to drink a small one. It was so good, haven't had one in years! I was sick all night and the next day. I guess our digestive systems are as worn out as the rest of us from mommy stress!Thanks for the heads up on the movie. Hope you're better soon!
Hugs,
mimi