This weekend found us at a softball tournament. One of many this summer.
We started out early Saturday morning. We had to be at the field by 8am.
So,,,,,,
Up at 6:30 and out the door by 7:30. The girls were at the field and ready for play only to find out that the team they were to play were at another tournament. What?! So, four hours later, we play our first game. There were actually 2 teams that did not show so that threw the tourney into a mess. We won yesterday's game so we got to go home.
YIPEE, right?!
Yeah, until we find out that we have to be back to the field by 8am AGAIN!
Bummer! We were hoping to sleep in.....
Back to the field this morning. The tourney is double elimination (for those of you that are softball illiterate) You have to lose two games in order to go home.
We lost our first game. Well, we gave it away actually. Yeah, one of THOSE games.
So into the loser's bracket we go.....
Game two is a landslide win 13-0. Including a
GRAND SLAM
by our Gabby! That's right folks, Gabby hit a grand slam. I'm guessing the next time we meet up with this team they will back up a bit or a lot :}
Game three looked like an easy win until the last half inning where the opposing team gained 4 runs. We ended up winning 10-5.
Game four. Yes - GAME FOUR! We did not play well. Our girls were tired. It showed. We lost 6-3 and ended our game play today.
We are all feeling a little crispy and tired. We decided after supper to go get some...

We started out early Saturday morning. We had to be at the field by 8am.
So,,,,,,
Up at 6:30 and out the door by 7:30. The girls were at the field and ready for play only to find out that the team they were to play were at another tournament. What?! So, four hours later, we play our first game. There were actually 2 teams that did not show so that threw the tourney into a mess. We won yesterday's game so we got to go home.
YIPEE, right?!
Yeah, until we find out that we have to be back to the field by 8am AGAIN!
Bummer! We were hoping to sleep in.....
Back to the field this morning. The tourney is double elimination (for those of you that are softball illiterate) You have to lose two games in order to go home.
We lost our first game. Well, we gave it away actually. Yeah, one of THOSE games.
So into the loser's bracket we go.....
Game two is a landslide win 13-0. Including a
GRAND SLAM
by our Gabby! That's right folks, Gabby hit a grand slam. I'm guessing the next time we meet up with this team they will back up a bit or a lot :}
Game three looked like an easy win until the last half inning where the opposing team gained 4 runs. We ended up winning 10-5.
Game four. Yes - GAME FOUR! We did not play well. Our girls were tired. It showed. We lost 6-3 and ended our game play today.
We are all feeling a little crispy and tired. We decided after supper to go get some...

I know!
Don't tell my boss!
I cheated on my place of business!
We were all in our jammies and just wanted to go thru the drive thru to get some soft serve.....
Sometimes you just gotta have some and I was a deadbeat mom and forgot to bring home the Coldstone. Such a FAILURE!
This coming week will be a little slower than last. At least we get to sleep until 7 instead of 6:30 :}
I have a new project that I'm working on. Our exterior lighting needs a face lift and I really don't wanna pay for new lighting so I'm gonna try my hand at painting it. I'll have pictures of this project. I'm praying it works cause I don't want to have to explain it to Bill if it doesn't. How would you explain it? Maybe something along the lines of....
"Honey, I don't know what happened. I came home and someone had taken all the lighting off the house and painted it. Can you believe that someone would do that? The nerve of some people!" Um yeah, I'm guessing that he would not completely buy that. He would know it was me.
Time for bed, my headache keeps going off and on. A combo of too much sun and too much caffeine.
Hugs!

6 comments:
I get headaches if I don't have enough caffiene!
You crack me up! Love your post!
Congrats to Gabby!
Good luck on your project. I can't wait to see the pics! I've been looking for new outdoor lighting, and found this-some low prices-http://www.graveyardmall.com/exwafi.html
$9.99 is not bad for a light fixture!
Have a fun day, Mimi
Thanks for checking in on me back in MARCH...I just got that comment this past weekend! I'm doing fine & will hopefully be back to blogland soon. Been missing you!!
By the way, love your blog design!
Please post pics of the lighting:) Anxious to see a new project! Miss you-
Sarah
Hi Jeanette, My address is:
Mimi Liao
1054 Sunlight Circle
Riverside, Ca. 92506
Have a fun day!
CONGRATULATIONS GABBY! How awesome!
And it's not like you had on your Coldstone uniform, right? :)
Post a Comment