Wednesday, July 8, 2009

20 years ago today!

20 years ago today we took the plunge.


Don't judge the dress and big glasses! We were way cool :}


I don't know what I was thinking with the long sleeved dress in July! I about passed out!!



I remember my day like it was yesterday.

My sister (and maid of honor) and I woke up to an empty house. My parents and brother were gone. No note or phone calls. Weird! But it was my wedding day and my bridesmaids and I had a date for breakfast. So off we go.

After breakfast we head straight for the church. The cake lady was already there and ready to set up the cake. We let her in and head straight for the chapel (where all the brides got ready).

The hair is done and the makeup is on. Where are my parents? Finally, a call saying that they thought my brother was having appendicitis and took him to the hospital. He would not be able to make it to the wedding as the hospital was running tests. We have an extra tux! What to do with it? Call our soloist (and youth pastor) to see if he would like to wear it. It fit!!

Bill and I talked by way of the stairs. We did not see each other before the ceremony. It is bad luck you know :}

About an hour before the ceremony the clouds start rolling in and the rain starts pouring down. Bill's car windows are open! Quick, one of the bridesmaids ran outside to close 'em up. As she opens the door she swings the door across her chest and scratches herself. OUCH! Just as she is running back inside, my sister, Janeie, steps on her curling iron and burns her foot. As she is peeling it off her foot, I demand that they all settle down and relax. You would think that they were getting married.

Finally, the ceremony time had arrived and we all made it down the aisle without any further glitches. My groom was more than a little happy to see me. The ceremony was short, sweet and to the point. Ceremony time was 2pm and we were pronounced man and wife at 2:23pm. Yep, that is how we like it :}

20 years later.......

We are older and wiser (we hope). My hubby has learned not to say "my mom doesn't do it that way!" And I have learned that he is not my dad. He can't fix things like my dad and I don't cook like his mom (that is not a bad thing!). We have learned so much in this past 20 years and have grown to love each other more. I know - I'm so sappy!!

I LOVE YOU BABY!

9 comments:

tonya said...

So sweet!! HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Anonymous said...

Now you are OLD married farts! Glad you joined the ranks!

Kris said...

So glad to hear your story and see your pictures! Happy Anniversary! Oh by the way, the jewelry you made was GORGEOUS!!! Thank you so much. I need to figure out who my victim will be! ;o)

Kendra S. said...

Love these pics!
Hope you had a wonderful anniversary ~ Congratulations on 20 years!!!
What is really scary is how much your girls look like you back then. WOW!

ADMIN said...

Happy Anniversary! You were a gorgeous bride!

Brokkyn said...

Happy Anniversary from Madrid!!
Hope you had a wonderful day.
We keep an eye on what's going on over there!!!
Hugs!

Brokkyn said...

Happy anniversary!
Hope you had a wonderful day.
We keep an eye on what's going on over there.

Hugs!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Awwwwwwwww!! Happy Anniversary!!

j said...

I think that you are both BEAUTIFUL! Young and in love.

Happy anniversary. Twenty years... we are almost two behind you.