Yep!
I'm still alive.
Just have continued to have a crazy few weeks.
So....
What did you all do for the 4th of July?
We were to have a couple of softball games. Yes, there is a state tournament the 4th of July weekend. Last year we only had two games and were done early. This year....we got rained out. That's right! We spent our morning on "standby". So that we could get to the fields quickly if they called our team. Thankfully we live 1/2 hour away from the field so it wasn't a problem. It rained here until about 6pm so all games were cancelled. They are all re-scheduled for tomorrow. It should be interesting!
So, what did we do instead of ball games?
We slept in.
Watched "The Truman Show" on tv.
Took Abby to get a new pair of cleats.
Got the phone call that all games were cancelled and was now too late to get up to Bill's moms for the parade that would have been in the rain and miserable anyway. No loss! Missed seeing the family but not the rainy parade :}
Took a nap ;}
Waited for Gabby to get picked up to go down to the river to watch the fireworks.
Took Abby to Old Chicago for dinner.
Worked on my "Pay it forward" and got it done - Kris, look for a special delivery on your door step the next day or two and I hope you enjoy it!
Watched the New York City and Boston fireworks on tv. I know! We were party poopers this year. But it was awesome to not have to deal with the crowds, wetness and traffic. The music was great and the fireworks were awesome!!
Time to wrap up my day and enjoy some sweet rest.
Happy Independence Day America!!
Hugs!
Merry Christmas
7 months ago

2 comments:
Glad your day ended up being relaxing. We too stayed in and watched the televised fireworks ~~~ no rain, no bugs and no rude people.
love ya
Hi Jeanette!
I got your pay it forward package today and it is really pretty! I love the color!
Thank you!!!
Now if I remember corrrectly, I am to pay it forward to 3 people, right?
Hugs,
Mimi
Post a Comment