Well, we are well into the NSA "B" World Series tourney here in Merrillville Indiana.
We arrived safely on Sunday afternoon and enjoyed being able to get up early Monday morning for an 8am game. Can you say zero dark o'clock?! We ended up having to play 2 games yesterday.
We lost our first game and won the second. That means that we placed 3rd in our pool. On to tourney play....
That brings us to this evening.
We were on the field but the other team was not. Finally the head of the NSA came to the field to say that the other team was at the wrong field. He left it up to our girls as to whether they would go ahead and play or make the team forfeit. (Just to explain, the rules state that if the team is not on the field at the specified game time, they would have to forfeit) Our girls decided that they wanted to play and that if the same thing happened to them, they would want the other team to give them a chance. As parents, we were proud of their decision but felt that the decision should have been made by the head of the NSA and not left up to our coaches or our girls.
When the team finally arrived, they were obnoxious and conceited. It was going to be an ugly game! It was too. Their pitcher made faces the entire game whenever the umpire did not call a strike. Their batters gave looks when the umpire called strikes against them that they did not feel were strikes. It was a nail biter and we ended up winning in the last inning. Abby hit the game winning run in. Our girls were happy that they made the choice but after mixed words with one of the other teams coaches, the parents were happy that the game was over.
We play again tomorrow at 1:15pm. I have been snapping my camera but I forgot to bring my USB cable so the pics won't be uploaded until we get home. Tomorrow we will start to see teams go home as most teams played at least one tournament game today and if they lost, they will be out with one more loss. We only have one game tomorrow so we will be staying at least until Thursday. That is a HUGE deal because the tourney is over on Friday! Now, if we stay until Friday, we will be even more excited!!
We did get some shopping done today. They have a nice mall here. I hear there is an outlet mall in the area too. Hmmmmm........ There were good deals to be had and we took advantage to them too. We had Chipotle for lunch. We love that place! We went to Portillo's on Sunday. I am struggling to keep my weight under control while eating out every day. I'm just hoping that I can still put my shorts on at the end of the week!
Time for me to run down and see if one of the washers is available. My kids' clothes smell AWFUL!!!
Hugs!
Merry Christmas
8 months ago

4 comments:
Seems you're having an exciting time! How are your nails? I bite mines when any of the kids have a tennis or badmington match.
Enjoy the rest of the week.
Hugs!
Seems you're having an exciting time! How are your nails? I bite mines when the kids have a tennis or badmington match!
Hugs
Sounds like a fun time!! Hope the girls win today!
I am amazed...in the worst way at the lack of sportsmanship of the other team...especially after your team gave them a chance to play--the gall of people! Yikes--glad you are having fun though! We need to eat at Chipotle, I hear it's great.
Post a Comment