Wednesday, July 22, 2009

That's my girl!

I'm still giggling as I write this.

If you remember from last nights post, we played a team that was kind of annoying.

Gabby tells me this morning.....

"Mom, you know in the last inning of last nights game."

Um, yes, I remember having a knot in my stomach and not being able to breathe!

"I was on first base and the first baseman was not very nice."

Um, yep, your right she wasn't.

"So I looked at her said - hey, watch this...."

And she stole 2nd base!

She turned around and smiled at the first baseman and she had that "really ticked" look on her face.

"So I stole 3rd too!"

"All, just to tick her off!!"

I had to giggle because just after I heard this from her I heard another story.

Her coach is staying with her sister. She said that her brother-in-law was just roaring last night as they re-capped the game. He said..."Here you guys are in a really tough game and you had to score 2 runs. I look over and there is Gabby grinning from ear to ear as if she was just hanging with her friends and not fighting to win a game."

After I hear that I tell her what Gabby said to the first baseman and she just roared!!

That's my girl!!

Time to get stuff packed up. We lost one tourney game today and have an 8am game in the morning. The next game we lose, we go home so we are checking out of the hotel in the morning and will check back in if we need to.

Hugs all!

6 comments:

tonya said...

I love it!!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Go Gabby Go!

ADMIN said...

Kill them with a smile!
Way to go, Gabby!

Patrice and Higgins said...

She sounds like my kinda of girl!! Too funny! :)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

So she's got some feistiness in her?! Good!

j said...

Oh shoot. That is an awesome story! Way to go Gabby!