Tuesday, August 11, 2009

She's Here!!!!

The past two days have been a whirlwind!

Sweet Edris left her home and family on Monday morning (our time) and traveled the whole day.

Her mom, Rosa, was the most worried about the very short layover in Chicago O'hare. This is where Edris had to go through customs, recheck her baggage and get her boarding pass. All in an hours time!! Rosa had good reason to worry :} I have to say in all our days of traveling, we have NEVER had a flight out of Chicago and into Peoria leave on time. Last night, IT DID!

Well, as you could guess, she missed her flight :{

She got stuck in a long line at customs and didn't make it out of the International terminal before her other flight left.

Thankfully, our exchange student coordinator (Ginger) was in Chicago visiting her cousin! A quick call to Ginger and she was on her way to pick up Edris at O'hare. She got to spend the night with Ginger and her sweet baby girl, Taylor.

We really are thankful that Ginger was there. I can't imagine what we would have done! Ginger then got her back to the airport to catch her flight down this afternoon. And can you believe it - her flight was 30 minutes LATE taking off!!!

Here is a great picture of the girls! Gabby is thrilled that Edris is just her height :}

We got Edris home and she quickly unpacked before we wisked her away to get the girls' haircut. While we were there, we scheduled appointments for each of them to get their hair done for Homecoming at the end of September!

Here they are doing what they do best....

Right now, Gabby is at flag practice (yes, she got her tooth fixed on Monday and it looks great!), Abby is in her room, Edris is reading in her room and I have a cake in the oven (literally!). Bill has been at his place of employment for 20 years and wants to take some cakes in on Friday. So, having one large pan, I have to start early to get three cakes done by Friday :}

Tomorrow will bring Gabby and Abby trying out for volleyball while I take Edris to get her eyes checked and to get a school physical. One of the other foreign exchange parents in the area are doctors so they are going to do the physical for free!!

Tomorrow evening, we get to introduce Edris to America's favorite pastime.

BASEBALL with free hot dog and peanut night :}

We are so EXCITED for FREE hot dog and peanut night!!!!

I just hope that Edris doesn't feel overwhelmed...

Oh, and before I forget.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSA!!!!!

I hope you got some rest this last 24 hours :}

Hugs all!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

ADMIN said...

Edris looks like she could be one of your daughters.
It's going to be an exciting year!

ADMIN said...

Edris looks like she could be one of your daughters.
It's going to be an exciting year!

tonya said...

How fun!! She looks like she fits right in!

Brokkyn said...

Just like three lovely sisters!!!!
I'm sure they will have an exciting year together. And you too!!!

Thank you for remembering my birthday! I forgot it myself with all the stress of the trip!!! Paco remembered me yesterday morning.

We left this morning for the beach in Oropesa and be back in Madrid next 18th.

Lots of love from Oropesa.

j said...

WELCOME TO THE USA EDRIS!!

Kris said...

Welcome Edris! Can't wait to meet you tonight! Have a great year!