Saturday, September 26, 2009

Homecoming 2009

Goodness, I don't know where to start! It has been a busy few days :}

This is homecoming weekend for us so that means a parade, football game, and a dance. No dates for our girls this year (do I hear an amen from all the momma's?) All the girls went with groups of kids.

I'll try to walk through a bit of the parade for you - cause you all wish you could have been there - did someone just laugh?!

Here is Gabby on her sophomore volleyball float. I'm still laughing about the headband! I asked her if she remembered her legwarmers :}

Each girl on the sophomore team gave a t-shirt to one of their teammates. I love the saying on the back of Gabby's! It reads: "True champions aren't always the ones that win but those with the most guts!" That describes Gabby to a tee (which is why she is always hurt).

This is Edris' swim team float. She is the one in the black t-shirt. She loved it and smiled the whole time!!

Abby loves this picture and I can't believe I caught it :} She is the one with her mouth open!!

Here are our girls! When Abby saw this picture she said "Man, that girl is crazy but you can't help but love her!" Almost made me cry!! My girls love each other :}


Here is Edris showing off her hair. It is really cute but the picture does not show it very well. She had her hair straightened and then the gal added some waves. She will definitely have the only hair style like this one at school. She does not like to look like everyone else and this style suits her to a tee!!

Here is Edris in her outfit. She looks really pretty and was ready to hit the town :}

Abby was ready to go long before the other two and she was the last one that needed to leave. She let me do her make up and she actually wore some jewelry!!

This year we let them get their hair done and I did their nails at home. Can't do both this year - just too much money!! They all had a great time and loved their "dos"! Isn't she a cheeseball?!
Here are Abby & Gabby together. We never did get all three together - they were not all ready at once and Gabby was the first to head out the door followed by Edris and then Abby. I am sure they will be home full of excitement and I sent the camera with them so we should get some fun pictures!

Our football team won their game last night to make this the perfect weekend!! It did not rain on our parade and it has only been sprinkling off and on today.

Tomorrow will bring my girls looking totally different. They have a round robin softball tournament so they will have their softball garb on again. This time playing for a team closer to home.

Stay tuned for the results!! School pictures are in too - those to come shortly!! All 3 girls took GREAT pictures so now you will just have to wait to see them :}

Hugs!

4 comments:

ADMIN said...

They all look so glam and so happy,
I bet you're a tired mom!

R said...

Pretty girls! A pity they couldn't be caught together! They certainly had a great time in the Dance.
Love from all!

j said...

They all look beautiful in the photos! It sounds like a full but fun weekend.

j said...

OH! And ROLL TIDE!