Are we already into the middle of September??
How is that possible?!
We have yet another busy weekend behind us.
Our football team lost BIG on Friday night.
Ahem.....
42-0
Yep, you read that right....
Our score was
zero
In our defense, it is the toughest team in the Mid-Illini conference.
I thought they would at least have scored once or twice!
On the other hand....
(yes, I'm liking the dot dot dot's tonight)
the marching band did very well yesterday.
They had their first field show and parade competition.
They got first place in the parade, drum majors for parade and field show and 2nd place in the field show. We are not sure how the Grand Champions scored well enough to receive their 1st place trophy as they didn't have their whole show put together but somehow they did.
It was a fun day overall and we got to spend some quality time with Gabby (who injured her shoulder last Thursday night diving for a volleyball during a game and popped her shoulder out and then right back in. She is sore and had to do the parade and field show in a sling because she can't twirl her flag. She looked pretty though!).
Our other two were at home doing homework and watching tv.
Abby and Edris helped me help a gal move into her new apartment yesterday too. It took us all of about 30 minutes to get everything moved into her apartment. Nothing like moving lightly :}
This week looks to be just as busy are our last 3 have been with volleyball games and swim meets and practices throughout the week.
I start my semester of bible study this week as well.
I am continuing to do the Precept study. This time in Genesis.
I love to study this way, verse by verse.
It helps me to see things more clearly and I always come away from my study learning something new each and every week.
Alas, I will also have homework to go with it :}
I am continuing to recover from cold/sinus/allergy issues.
As long as I keep taking my over the counter meds, I can function without too much trouble.
The trees in our area are slowly starting to turn some beautiful shades of red and orange.
I love this time of year!
Tomorrow I will put away my patriotic theme and get out my fall decor.
It isn't much but it does get us in the mood...
Halloween will be here before we know it!
So, how was your weekend?
Let me know..
I'm waiting!
Go!
Now!
Hugs!!
How is that possible?!
We have yet another busy weekend behind us.
Our football team lost BIG on Friday night.
Ahem.....
42-0
Yep, you read that right....
Our score was
zero
In our defense, it is the toughest team in the Mid-Illini conference.
I thought they would at least have scored once or twice!
On the other hand....
(yes, I'm liking the dot dot dot's tonight)
the marching band did very well yesterday.
They had their first field show and parade competition.
They got first place in the parade, drum majors for parade and field show and 2nd place in the field show. We are not sure how the Grand Champions scored well enough to receive their 1st place trophy as they didn't have their whole show put together but somehow they did.
It was a fun day overall and we got to spend some quality time with Gabby (who injured her shoulder last Thursday night diving for a volleyball during a game and popped her shoulder out and then right back in. She is sore and had to do the parade and field show in a sling because she can't twirl her flag. She looked pretty though!).
Our other two were at home doing homework and watching tv.
Abby and Edris helped me help a gal move into her new apartment yesterday too. It took us all of about 30 minutes to get everything moved into her apartment. Nothing like moving lightly :}
This week looks to be just as busy are our last 3 have been with volleyball games and swim meets and practices throughout the week.
I start my semester of bible study this week as well.
I am continuing to do the Precept study. This time in Genesis.
I love to study this way, verse by verse.
It helps me to see things more clearly and I always come away from my study learning something new each and every week.
Alas, I will also have homework to go with it :}
I am continuing to recover from cold/sinus/allergy issues.
As long as I keep taking my over the counter meds, I can function without too much trouble.
The trees in our area are slowly starting to turn some beautiful shades of red and orange.
I love this time of year!
Tomorrow I will put away my patriotic theme and get out my fall decor.
It isn't much but it does get us in the mood...
Halloween will be here before we know it!
So, how was your weekend?
Let me know..
I'm waiting!
Go!
Now!
Hugs!!

4 comments:
Aughhh! Hope Gabby is well!.Time goes by extremely fast! I can't believe it's Monday morning again. We just had time to visit my parents in the countryside this week-end.
It's gonna be much busier from now on: tennis season is on, so tennis matches every weekend:
Miles to go,
hours to watch,
and miles home!!
Have a nice week!
Lots of love
Rosa
It is almost Halloween, hard to believe!
We had a nice and quiet weekend, and just left home for brunch and a movie. Here comes another busy week! Your football team must be feeling pretty bad, poor guys!
Have a fun week!
I go to the ballgames for the band anyway :) I bet the flags were exceptional.
Oh, bummer!! I'm sorry your football team lost. Good luck to them this week!!
Post a Comment