Saturday, October 10, 2009

I am alive!

Yep, I am still alive!

Seems like life has taken over our house and left no time for anything else.

Since homecoming we have been going to band competitions, swim meets, and volleyball games.

Shortly, life will slow down to a much calmer pace.

I love this time of year!

That means that in the coming months when it is freezing outside, I will be comfortably cuddled up with my blanket and a book in the basement with a football game on tv and my space heater cranked up to high!

Love.

It!

This past week caught me off guard with sickness that knocked me on my bum.

It started with a simple cough and congestion that has been hanging on for the last month. I decided to call my doctor to see if he had any suggestions for me. I was tired of coughing and having that general feeling of tiredness all the time. They finally called back to say that it was viral and that I just needed to continue to take the meds that I was taking. Shortly after that call, my small lunch decided to reintroduce itself and thus began my slow death! Let me tell you, I was ill just smelling the meals that my poor family was making for themselves because I could do nothing more than run to the bathroom.

GROSS!!

By Wednesday I was on the road to recovery but did not make it off the couch until late in the day.

Thursday, I had to run to the grocery store because mother hubbards cupboard was bare. I felt like taking a nap half way through my trip! I made a quick call to my boss to let him know that I was better but unless he provided a bed for me to take a nap, I would not be in. Bless him, he told me not to worry but take my time getting better.

I was back to normal by Friday and with it brought a night at the football field to watch our high school boys in their last home game of the season.

Bbbbbbrrrrrrr!

It was cold with the temps in the 40's but it was so much fun to see the boys win 41-20!

We have had days and days of rain so the field was a muddy mess. That meant that the band got to do their halftime show on the sidelines. Sadness for the seniors as it was also their last home halftime show to march.

We all got to sleep in this morning as there was no swim or volleyball practice!

Did I hear a Woot Woot out there from agreeing parents??!!

Gabby had to be at school by 10am for their band competition today.

I really don't understand the band competitions.
They do a parade competition to show their parade show and then SEVEN hours later, they do their field show!

WHAT?!

Why don't they do their parade show followed by their field show?

Wait!

I know!

They want people to stay all day so they make TONS OF MONEY on food!!

If they did the parade and field show together, the bands would simply leave when they were done and not bother staying for the awards portion.

In these colder days, I think it is crazy to make the kids stay out in the cold for the whole day doing absolutely nothing!

OK!

Maybe I'm getting old!

Gabby is enjoying the whole band competition stuff (but she does not enjoy getting yelled at by her peers for making a mistake and I am with her on that one!). She has not knocked out any more teeth (although one of the gals took a flag to her nose on Thursday). Yeah, I'm thinking they need to quit throwing their flags in the air!

Did you notice the new pictures on the blog??

Yeah, my bud Patrice ROCKS!!

We are still trying to figure out why Gabby's hair looks red.....
She is a blonde although it is getting darker each year.

I can't believe how much older my girls look!
They are growing up and I love 'em more each day!!
I know that they won't be around much longer so we are enjoying each and every day!
Watch for Edris' picture to pop up there too (she is our adopted daughter you know :}

Before I close I must say.....

GO BAMA!

&

ROLL TIDE :}
score at this moment 3-0 Bama!!

Hugs!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better . . . I don't think I have what you had though. I am really not coughing and stomach is fine. I had a headache and my sinus' hurt, sneezing (and a lot of it) and my teeth hurt. Total sinus thing.

I don't envy your outings for the sports and am with you about curling up with a good book.

j said...

ROLL TIDE!

I LOVE band competitions, but I love them as an observer and someone who is free to come and go. We haven't gotten to the point that our girls are actually competing yet.

I'm glad you are better and off the couch. It has been years since I had a pukey virus and I know I would be a big baby.

I hope you have a great week! YAY on no Saturday practices!

ADMIN said...

I love the new pictures!
I think I may be coming down with a nasty virus myself. A book and blanket sound really good to me.
I'm glad that you're better. Have a great rest of the weekend!

j said...

Our Tide is continuing to roll! I hope you have a great week Jeanette.