Friday, January 15, 2010

Our Newest Baby...

Here is our crazy list of cars as promised in an earlier blog....

When we got married I had a
(1)1989 Hot Black Mustang (my first baby) and
the reason that Bill married me ;}
Bill bought an older (2) Mustang with power nothing
When my baby got out of warranty we traded it for an
(3)Eagle Talon with Turbo (baby #2).
It was SA WEET!
Bill got rid of his Mustang to purchase his first brand new car a (4)Suzuki Sidekick soft top.
This was also his first huge mistake in car buying and yes, I let him make that mistake of paying too much for a vehicle. It was the only way he would learn!
It wasn't long before the Suzuki had to go (because of an issue with the muffler and the service center replaced the muffler but didn't hang it right so it burned a hole in the bumper...) and we traded it for a (5)Saturn.
I hung onto my Eagle until I had to have a vehicle with a real backseat because I was pregs with Gabby. So we sold the Eagle to a punk kid whose daddy bought it for him. He probably wrecked it within a week. It still smelled new when we sold it.....
Yes! I'm still kinda bitter!
We replaced it with a (6)Dodge Intrepid (hated it from the beginning).
It was during this time that we got transferred out to CA so we were downsizing to one car but I still needed a car to get back an forth to work the next few months.


We purchased a (7)Volkswagon Rabbit and Bill's sister got it when we moved.
Once in CA Bill decided that we needed a second car so we purchased a (8)Dodge Neon.
Got transferred back to IL and he decided that he needed a truck.
He came home on Valentines Day and said "Happy Valentine's Day honey!"
I believe my answer was....
"If you ever buy a vehicle without me again I'll run you over with it!"
The (9)Dodge Ram was for him NOT me (by that time we had two babies in carseats and the truck was a manual transmission that fit two people!) After about a year, we could no longer afford the truck so we sold the truck and traded the Intrepid (because of mechanics) for a (10)Chevy Blazer.
A few years later we added a (11)Volkswagon Jetta.
The Blazer started dying every time we tried to turn (3 tries at the dealership to fix it with no luck) so we traded it for a (12)Chevy Venture to keep the kids from "touching" each other.
Decided that the Venture needed to go when the dealership replaced a rattling and leaking window and they replaced it with a window that wasn't tinted while the rest of the windows were. The Service Manager could not tell me what was wrong with my vehicle but my 3 year old could! We no longer had any confidence in American made vehicles.
Traded it for a (13)Honda Accord.
Bill traded in his Jetta for a (14)Honda CR-V.
We had both for a good long time and had both paid for when the itch started again.
We had planned on Bill using my car and me getting a new one because it was my turn to get the new car. Nope! Once he drove a new Accord, he had to have one too.
You guessed it TWO (15 &16) Honda Accords.
Last year he just had to go looking at the (17)Lexus IS250 (he had been "praying" about it for a long time!). He traded in his Accord for the Lexus and is still driving it and will continue to drive it for two more years.....when his lease is up :}
That brings us to my newest baby (18)
drum roll please
DADADADADADADADADADADADADA

2010 BMW X5 (SUV)!

HELLO! It has a heated steering wheel :}
We have been married 20 1/2 years and have had 18 vehicles!
Our track record for cars isn't so great but I have had mine since May 2004 and my previous one was from June of 1999. I don't think that is too bad :}
I am sure some of you are probably dying with laughter over our "list".
My extended family has started betting on how long we will keep our cars.
I'm sure Julie probably won this time around.

Enjoy your weekend!
We are down two girls as Gabby and Edris are headed to Snow Camp with the church youth group until Sunday evening. They were VERY excited :} Abby decided to stay home so we are going to have some fun with her. Lunch and shopping sounds good to me :}

Hugs all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NEEDER NEEDER NEEEDER - yes, I am teasing you!!! I am so impressed that you remembered your cars in order! Great job!

She is a beauty and I can't wait to take it out on the speedway! lol

Love ya,

ADMIN said...

I am very happy for you! You know that I have new car envy, so just imagine me sitting here and drooling...
Congrats and enjoy your new baby!

j said...

Oooooh! Pretty new car! We haven't had that many cars in our 18 1/2 years - we drive the wheels of of them :)

Have a great weekend!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I love the new vehicle :) I was cracking up at the statement after the #9 vehicle.