Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

All is quiet at our house.
For the moment.

Our Christmas festivities are done and we are enjoying a semi quiet day.

Christmas Eve was a wonderful day of fun at our house with my side of the family.  Sadly, my brother's family was sick so they did not make it.  But the rest of us had a great time!  Plus we got about 5 inches of snow the day/night before so it was beautiful outside!!!

Christmas Day was spent at Bill's sisters house.
We enjoyed that time as well!

Today we headed to church and then home.
Gabby is spending a few days in Wisconsin with Ryan and his family.  While they are gone we are dog sitting for them.  Add that to our newest addition (see below) and we have had an exciting day.  Let's just say that Suzie rules the roost in the dog world at our house :}

We added a family member at the last minute.
Bill got an early Christmas present.
Echo,
a Rott-Husky mix.
joined our family on the 23rd.
He is 6 months old and is about 50lbs (with huge paws).
He was very good around all the people and did really well with the kids.
He was completely exhausted that night!
Overall he has been very good.
A few accidents but he is a quick learner and we are working hard at training him.
For some reason, he insists on running outside before we go out the door.
We are trying to nip that quickly!
So far he "sits" and "stays" and we may have the jumping thing down.  He was going after our hands to get his treat but he hasn't done that today at all so I am hoping he is over that too. 

I have been second guessing this decision since we brought him home.  I didn't want a puppy - I wanted a dog at least 2 years old but preferred about 5 years old.  One that was calm and more laid back.  I have to admit he hasn't been as wild as I thought he would be.  I just pray that he stays that way!  Now, what will we do with him when softball season starts??

I got the upstairs cleaned today and put away some of the Christmas stuff.
I don't want the Christmas decor to consume my time so I thought I would just put away a little at a time.  Tomorrow will be the main floor so maybe I will put away everything but the tree.
Although I enjoy this time of year, I had a hard time with Christmas this year.  It just didn't feel like Christmas to me.  I think the Maui vacation messed me up!

I am praying that you all had a great Christmas!
Enjoy your time with family :}

Hugs,
Jeanette

2 comments:

ADMIN said...

I am really surprised that you got a dog!
I think that it's great!
Now you have a buddy to drive to softball with.
I have to admit that this year didn't seem like Christmas much to me, either. Maybe it was all the rain. I'd rather have had a Hawaiian vacation! I am still jealous of you. Hawaii! Lucky girl.
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

We have been working on the putting away today as well. I should say . . . Katelyn and I have been . . . Cameron has helped a bit, but all others have simply been up to avoiding work at every avenue! Disobedience seems to be running rampant and I want to go stick my head in the snow . . . or maybe just have an Irish Cream Coffee with EXTRA Irish Cream!

Love ya