Grab yourself a Diet Dr. Pepper or Sweet Tea and some chocolate.
We have some catching up to do!!!
We have some catching up to do!!!
It has been a rough week!
The girls had Monday off of school for Martin Luther King Day.
I know!
Most of you probably don't get that day off school.
We do.
Because we live in Illinois.
Yeah,
The girls had Monday off of school for Martin Luther King Day.
I know!
Most of you probably don't get that day off school.
We do.
Because we live in Illinois.
Yeah,
we are special like that!
That meant the girls had dentist and ortho appointments.
So, we asked Grandma to have lunch with us!
We had a GREAT time :}
That also meant that I did not spend the day cleaning like I normally do.
Can you say heaven??
It was nice to spend the day with my girls and just enjoy them!
Tuesday I got to enjoy getting back to bible study.
I love doing Precept Upon Precept with Kay Arthur.
She is one very special lady!
After study I headed over to work quickly as Gabby had another doctors appointment at 3:30. By the time the appointment came around, I was feeling rather sick. Just off and on so I went through the appointment that thankfully did not last long! As soon as I got home, it all began.
Can I say it was just awful!
I thought for sure I was dying ;}
That kind of sick should not happen to ANYONE!!
That meant cancelling everything for Wednesday including work.
Wednesday, I spent the day resting and trying to sleep and eat.
I have never had every bone and muscle in my body hurt like that before. From the roots of my hair to my toes, everything hurt. Bless Abby for taking care of me before she left for school. She gave me a bag of fruit loops cereal, ice water and 2 Tylenol! I was thankful for all of it and was happy to keep it all down! Psycho (my nickname of Echo) was great all day. (Can you imagine how hard it was to hurdle him on my runs to the bathroom?! AND sometimes he would chase me down the hall!) My mom always gave use sugar toast and 7Up when we were sick but I was out of butter for my toast and no 7Up in the house :{
Thursday rolled around and I had a nail appointment but cancelled my hair appointment as I knew I would not have the energy to get my hair done AND go to work. I was right! I ran through my work as quickly as I could with 2 very understanding co-workers that helped where they could. I headed home to spend the rest of my night resting.
Friday was my Mops day (I am a mentor for Mops if you know what that is). I was also set to talk about cooking and couponing with one of the other mentors. The talk went well and I headed to Menard's to pick up a new garbage disposal. Mine died just before Christmas and I had been putting off picking one up because I had no time to install it. Friday afternoon was the perfect time to do it! I got the old one out and the new one in within an hour. It was pretty easy with just a few quick helps from the "Directions". Everything was leak free and electrically sound the first time around. You should heard it hum!! Like having a long lost friend return :}
Today was spent at Abby's volleyball tourney as she is doing club volleyball again this year. Gabby is working today so it is just the three of us tonight. Can I say how much I hate basketball?!
Last weekend the girls went to a youth group retreat with their church group so it was just Bill and me. In an attempt to spur on the economy in our area, we went shopping for new vanity tops for our bathrooms. We have been wanting to replace them since we put granite in the kitchen but with no pay raise or bonus last year that was not happening. This year we are set to get both so we picked up where we left off and got everything ordered. We now wait for the installers to come and install them. I am hoping for next week sometime but am not holding my breath. We picked up new faucets too and I am looking for new lighting. Bill is questioning the need for new lighting but is letting me do what I want (bless him!). I am also planning on painting but haven't had time to look at colors yet. I am looking for a warm gray or taupe - something neutral as I will probably repaint the foyer and hallway with the same color this summer. Once the bathrooms are done we only have our bedroom ceiling fan and the foyer lighting to replace. Gotta get that brass out of the house :}
I think I have taken up enough of your time!
Now you know how I have been spending me :}
Hugs!
Jeanette
That meant the girls had dentist and ortho appointments.
So, we asked Grandma to have lunch with us!
We had a GREAT time :}
That also meant that I did not spend the day cleaning like I normally do.
Can you say heaven??
It was nice to spend the day with my girls and just enjoy them!
Tuesday I got to enjoy getting back to bible study.
I love doing Precept Upon Precept with Kay Arthur.
She is one very special lady!
After study I headed over to work quickly as Gabby had another doctors appointment at 3:30. By the time the appointment came around, I was feeling rather sick. Just off and on so I went through the appointment that thankfully did not last long! As soon as I got home, it all began.
Can I say it was just awful!
I thought for sure I was dying ;}
That kind of sick should not happen to ANYONE!!
That meant cancelling everything for Wednesday including work.
Wednesday, I spent the day resting and trying to sleep and eat.
I have never had every bone and muscle in my body hurt like that before. From the roots of my hair to my toes, everything hurt. Bless Abby for taking care of me before she left for school. She gave me a bag of fruit loops cereal, ice water and 2 Tylenol! I was thankful for all of it and was happy to keep it all down! Psycho (my nickname of Echo) was great all day. (Can you imagine how hard it was to hurdle him on my runs to the bathroom?! AND sometimes he would chase me down the hall!) My mom always gave use sugar toast and 7Up when we were sick but I was out of butter for my toast and no 7Up in the house :{
Thursday rolled around and I had a nail appointment but cancelled my hair appointment as I knew I would not have the energy to get my hair done AND go to work. I was right! I ran through my work as quickly as I could with 2 very understanding co-workers that helped where they could. I headed home to spend the rest of my night resting.
Friday was my Mops day (I am a mentor for Mops if you know what that is). I was also set to talk about cooking and couponing with one of the other mentors. The talk went well and I headed to Menard's to pick up a new garbage disposal. Mine died just before Christmas and I had been putting off picking one up because I had no time to install it. Friday afternoon was the perfect time to do it! I got the old one out and the new one in within an hour. It was pretty easy with just a few quick helps from the "Directions". Everything was leak free and electrically sound the first time around. You should heard it hum!! Like having a long lost friend return :}
Today was spent at Abby's volleyball tourney as she is doing club volleyball again this year. Gabby is working today so it is just the three of us tonight. Can I say how much I hate basketball?!
Last weekend the girls went to a youth group retreat with their church group so it was just Bill and me. In an attempt to spur on the economy in our area, we went shopping for new vanity tops for our bathrooms. We have been wanting to replace them since we put granite in the kitchen but with no pay raise or bonus last year that was not happening. This year we are set to get both so we picked up where we left off and got everything ordered. We now wait for the installers to come and install them. I am hoping for next week sometime but am not holding my breath. We picked up new faucets too and I am looking for new lighting. Bill is questioning the need for new lighting but is letting me do what I want (bless him!). I am also planning on painting but haven't had time to look at colors yet. I am looking for a warm gray or taupe - something neutral as I will probably repaint the foyer and hallway with the same color this summer. Once the bathrooms are done we only have our bedroom ceiling fan and the foyer lighting to replace. Gotta get that brass out of the house :}
I think I have taken up enough of your time!
Now you know how I have been spending me :}
Hugs!
Jeanette

1 comments:
You are really a Mrs. Fix-it! I am in awe!
We need to re-do our downstairs bathroom-it is really, really, bad.
Old fixtures and an old whitish marble vanity top that is kind of yellowish looking. More money to spend.
Does it ever end?
Have fun and enjoy your new glam bathrooms!
Post a Comment