Just to get all of you up-to-date on the trouble that Psycho has gotten into...
(because I know you all want to know how he is doing!)
So far he has stolen my razor out of our shower and chewed the 4 blade razor off. The handle was found sticking out of his mouth like a cigar and we later found the razor part on the ground - very chewed on! My thoughts if the razor part had not been found "Dude, that is REALLY going to hurt coming out!"
He ate one the the girls' headbands (that was later "found"!)
He is terrified of the vacuum (and proves his fierceness by barking at it while he is in another room!) and tried to eat the cord while I was plugging it in! Which in turn got him interested in the outlet. He proceeded to lick the outlet. I let him lick away!
He is currently tearing the cover off an old softball. NOT joking!!
We have been rudely awaken (4am) to him puking up the landscaping that he is slowly eating when he goes outside to do his duty. I have never been so thankful to have a carpet cleaner!!
He growls at the air duct in the hallway because apparently he was napping and the heat turned on which, of course, was in his territory so he put it in its place!
He takes care of all run away leaves in the yard by promptly eating them to save our lives from those terrifying things!
Every once in a while he notices another "dog" staring back at him in the sliding glass doors - this immediately gets the hair on his neck to stand on end and he goes into a frenzy of growling and pacing.
I finally have him coming when I yell for him to come. And this week we are working on the "lay" command. He does pretty good on the "sit" command and does OK with the "stay" command. Next week will be the "no jumping" command. He goes into his kennel when I tell him to because he know he will always get a treat.
Now, how do I train the rest of them in the house to obey immediately?!
Hugs!
Jeanette
He is currently tearing the cover off an old softball. NOT joking!!
We have been rudely awaken (4am) to him puking up the landscaping that he is slowly eating when he goes outside to do his duty. I have never been so thankful to have a carpet cleaner!!
He growls at the air duct in the hallway because apparently he was napping and the heat turned on which, of course, was in his territory so he put it in its place!
He takes care of all run away leaves in the yard by promptly eating them to save our lives from those terrifying things!
Every once in a while he notices another "dog" staring back at him in the sliding glass doors - this immediately gets the hair on his neck to stand on end and he goes into a frenzy of growling and pacing.
I finally have him coming when I yell for him to come. And this week we are working on the "lay" command. He does pretty good on the "sit" command and does OK with the "stay" command. Next week will be the "no jumping" command. He goes into his kennel when I tell him to because he know he will always get a treat.
Now, how do I train the rest of them in the house to obey immediately?!
Hugs!
Jeanette

3 comments:
Hi Jeanette,
You really had me laughing!
I see that you are not bored!
Puppies are so funny, always in trouble. Just like little toddlers.
Does he have lots of doggy chew toys and nyla-bones?
He sounds smart, so I bet you'll have him trained in no time.
Have fun with Echo and have a great week.
Hugs, Mimi
Hi Jeanette! My name is Cara and I found your blog thru Paul. You had me laughing so hard that I was almost literally rolling on the floor. (as they say, ROFL)
Anyway, if it makes you feel any better I have two Psychos in my house and your Psycho sounds exactly like mine. Kudos to you for being able to train him as much as you have. My "girls" just run the house.
Oh my goodness....LOL. Sounds like you have your hands full.
Post a Comment