Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzards & Bathrooms

So, yesterday was the start of the big Blizzard.
In preparation, all the schools in the area were out.
Bill thought it was ridiculous.
I didn't care!

It all started right on time - Noon!


This was about 2pm.
It just looked like snow flurries but the wind was wicked!
 

You can kind of see it in this picture of our neighbors evergreen.


This is what we woke up to this morning!
The backyard looks like a desert but with snow instead of sand.
The large drift that you see, Echo wouldn't go past. 
I guess he thought it was a wall!



He loves the snow and usually dives in head first!
So, with all the snow and no snow plows in sight, we have no option but to stay home because we can't get out of our driveway!  We have watched car after car get stuck and turn around to go home.
I believe the weather man said we got 15 inches of snow.
I don't remember ever getting that much snow.
And tonight we hit the subzero temps!

So with all the snow, I had time to work on our bathrooms.
I got the half bath done today.
I think it turned out great but I have to say that if I ever meet up with the guys that did our electrical, I am going to beat them!  That sweet little light has no less that 6 holes behind it and I did NOT put them there!!  I don't know what they were digging for but my wall looks like swiss cheese.  GGGGRRRRRR!!!


I love the new countertops (which spurred on the redo)!


The color on the walls is called "Filtered Shade" and it is a pretty grey color but it has a hint of blue - just what I was looking for!



I was completely done with painting by noon but that blasted light took me 4 hours to get up.

Yesterday I got all the faucets installed and 2 of the 4 sinks working.
The master bathroom is causing all kinds of trouble!
Bill's side is off less than 1/4" but it won't line up and I broke a part trying to get it to work.  My side is completely off - the new sink is not in the same place as my last one.  I will have to redo all the plumbing on my side.  Not sure I know exactly what to do there but I am headed off the Menards tomorrow (if our road ever gets plowed!) and hopefully they can help me get everything I need.

The girls are out of school again tomorrow.
I think most schools will be closed.
Hard to have school when the teachers can't get out :}
I don't remember ever having 3 snow days in a row!
The girls are loving it!

Stay warm friends,
Jeanette

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bathroom looks lovely! Beautiful job Jeanette!

Patrice and Higgins said...

That is lots of snow...we get snowed in with 8" but of course the hillbillies in Tennessee can't figure out how to manage our roads with snow! HA!

The bathroom is beautiful and I love the color!

Cara said...

Wow, Jeanette! Ya'll really got a lot of snow. If I remember correctly, you commented on our "snow day" on Friday. That's exactly what I mean about the schools, companies, etc. freaking out over a little bit of ice. However, if we ever received as much snow as you did..people wouldn't leave their homes for weeks!
Stay warm and good luck digging out of that mess...I feel your pain!