Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Not sleeping tonight!

It is 3am.
The blizzard winds are keeping me from sleeping.
I am amazed at the amount of snow and wind that we are getting.

It is true that you can have thunder and lightning during a snow storm.
It was amazing and terrifying at the same time!

I am praying that we keep power as many are in the dark and with these winds, it will be hard to keep warm.  I am thankful!

I think every school in the area was out yesterday and they will be today as well.  I am not sure we will dig out until sometime on Thursday.  We don't live on a snow route so we are one of the last to get plowed.  With the wind blowing so much they have enough problems just keeping the major roads open - they are losing that battle tonight.

I will get some pictures of the chaos when the sun comes up.
Echo is loving it, by the way.
He just goes out and runs around in it before bringing half of it back in the house with him!  He was trying to eat the snowflakes last night :}

Time for me to try to go back to sleep.
Rest well friends!

Hugs,
Jeanette


2 comments:

Cara said...

I sure hope that you were able to get come "shut eye" around your house last night. For Texas it's been really cold here, too!

ADMIN said...

We are expecting "damaging winds" of up to 75 mph tonight and tomorrow. It looks like the whole country is suffering! Stay warm!