Friday, March 25, 2011

So excited!

Last night the girls had their first softball game of the season!
Just look at their excitement!



Abby got to catch the whole game.



Gabby played centerfield!



Gabby is the lead off batter....
(Sorry about the "crack" in this picture but imagine our horror at seeing this in real life!)



Abby at bat.....
(Look, no "crack"!)


The Eagles pulled out the win in 5 innings.
The final score 30-0.
Can I just say that they did not try to run up the score!
Easy pop flys to the outfield were not caught, bloppers to 1st base were bobbled or overtossed to 1st base.  There were 2 errors in the first inning alone.  Our girls started leaving the base early and striking out to get the game over.  I think they actually helped the other teams pitcher more than her own team did!
I felt bad for them but I guess they were pretty mouthy so Gabby wasn't feeling sorry one bit.

I think they considered it more as pitching practice than they did a softball game.
Gabby & Abby played VERY well.
I know Abby had at least 5 rbi's all by herself.

We all got to thaw out when we got home.
The temp last night was 35 degrees!
BBBBBRRRRR!

We are so excited about softball season that we get to sit outside in the freezing temps again tonight against Bureau County.  They are a bit tougher than Delavan.

Have a GREAT Friday friends!

Hugs,
Jeanette

0 comments: