Insanity has set in at our house.
Tonight is our first night at home all week.
Softball games have become all encompassing.
The girls are down to their last few weeks of school.
They are anxious to get out and enjoy some beautiful weather should we ever get some!
Work has been crazy this week with Mothers day coming up.
I am waiting for the craziness to start up on Friday when everybody decides they need a cake for Sunday! There will be no emergencies on my part.
Plan ahead or you are stuck!
We lost one of our softball girls last week.
We slid wrong and tore her ACL.
She is to have surgery the end of the month.
She will never be able to catch again.
She is taking it very well and really encouraging the team from the bench.
I have never seen a player get badly injured during a softball game until this weekend. Our pitcher is also a pretty good hitter. She nailed a line drive straight at the 3rd baseman. She had no time to get her glove up and took a ball to the face. She dropped immediately and did not move for a good 10 seconds. Many of us thought she was dead. She broke 4 bones in her face and will have surgery this week (if she has not had it yet). Please pray for this girl. I don't know her name but she is a senior and obviously will not finish the season. Our pitcher was a mess and had to REALLY pull herself together to get back on the mound and pitch. I know that most of you don't have softball players at your house but if you do and they play infield, seriously consider a mask! I never really thought it was necessary until I saw what can happen if you take one to the face. One inch higher and she would be dead. I don't mean to be morbid but it could mean life or death for a player! I have never been happier that I have a center fielder and catcher!!
I am sorry that I have been writting lately.
I have had writers block.
I feel like I have written it all before and it is all just a re-run.
Life just seems a little boring even with all the running that I do.
It is just the same old same old stuff.
I am determined to get back at it and try to write about stuff the girls (or the dog) have said or done.
Hugs all!
Jeanette
We lost one of our softball girls last week.
We slid wrong and tore her ACL.
She is to have surgery the end of the month.
She will never be able to catch again.
She is taking it very well and really encouraging the team from the bench.
I have never seen a player get badly injured during a softball game until this weekend. Our pitcher is also a pretty good hitter. She nailed a line drive straight at the 3rd baseman. She had no time to get her glove up and took a ball to the face. She dropped immediately and did not move for a good 10 seconds. Many of us thought she was dead. She broke 4 bones in her face and will have surgery this week (if she has not had it yet). Please pray for this girl. I don't know her name but she is a senior and obviously will not finish the season. Our pitcher was a mess and had to REALLY pull herself together to get back on the mound and pitch. I know that most of you don't have softball players at your house but if you do and they play infield, seriously consider a mask! I never really thought it was necessary until I saw what can happen if you take one to the face. One inch higher and she would be dead. I don't mean to be morbid but it could mean life or death for a player! I have never been happier that I have a center fielder and catcher!!
I am sorry that I have been writting lately.
I have had writers block.
I feel like I have written it all before and it is all just a re-run.
Life just seems a little boring even with all the running that I do.
It is just the same old same old stuff.
I am determined to get back at it and try to write about stuff the girls (or the dog) have said or done.
Hugs all!
Jeanette

2 comments:
So excited to see you post!!! I've missed you Dear Sister!
Pictures of Katelyn's Senior Photos are both on my blog and facebook.
Love ya
Poor girl!That's scary!
It's good to see you back in action.
Hugs, Mimi
Post a Comment