On the way home from the orthodontist today Gabby had the hiccups for the second time. She was mad so I figured that I would help her out. I waited until she had turned to look out the window again and screamed really loud. She screamed, jumped and yelled wanting to know what was wrong. I told her nothing but I wanted to help her get rid of her hiccups. It was successful but Gabby did have to change her pants when we got home - kidding of course!
I haved decided that in order for my girls to really listen, I will need to be really resourceful. I don't know why this is just now hitting me now that my girls are 13 & 14. I guess it has taken this long for me to feel like I am no longer to come out of survival mode. Sorry gals if you are currently in this stage of life. It hangs on awhile!
Today, in order to get to the previously mentioned ortho appointment, I told the girls we needed to leave our house at 2:37pm. Not a minute before or after. They laughed and wanted to know why that time and I just said because you will remember that time and be ready. It worked!
I now feel like I have become mom genius! I should write a book, or not...
Hoping to get a good night's sleep tonight and not get rudely awaken by the tornado warnings at 5:40am tomorrow morning. Course, that may have been the reason that I came up with such great ideas today.
Na, I come by the mom genius title honestly. I earned it :}
Merry Christmas
10 months ago

6 comments:
Dear Mom Genius,
My 10 year old twins are always waiting until the last minute to get ready and I hate to nag! Do you have an advice for me?
Mimi
Oh, man - I knew I should not have used that title! You can try this. I usually give the countdown starting at 1/2 hour before we go. This does not always work so I have sometimes resorted to "the no breakfast unless you are ready to go" card. This usually works if we have to head out in the morning. I have also made them get out of bed even earlier if they don't get going. Good luck!!
What a fantabulous looking Blog! Just SUPER yummy!
You done good, chick!
Jen
Love the new blog layout and colors! Totally you! Miss Chocolate!
Did not know you were a Mom Genius!!! Why didn't you ever let me know? All of these struggles with the boys and NOW you tell me that you are a MOM GENIUS!?!?!?
Why the secret??? You owe me dear Sis!
Thanks for the advice. I love our new blog header, it's always nice to see chocolate!
Thanks for the advice. I love our new blog header, it's always nice to see chocolate!
Post a Comment