Sunday, July 20, 2008

Gabbyisms & Blonde Moments

Gabby is our oldest daughter. She was born a blonde. We have no idea how this happened. I think it is due to all the blonde jokes I used to tell. I REALLY TRULY don't believe that blondes are naturally dumb or even dingy but our Gabby has a real "DAH" streak that runs through her head. Here are a few statements she has said. We call them Gabbyisms!

She was about 3 or 4 when she says.

"Mom, I can't wait until I grow up and have a big butt just like yours."

I turn around (being very careful not to knock her over with my big butt) to make sure this is really my kid talking before I explode.

"WHAT!"

Her reply "That way I won't fall in the toilet anymore!"

REDEMNED!!

In her little mind, she was tired of dunking her tushy and felt that a larger bottom would do the trick. Unfortunately, she has grown up and now has that big butt she was hoping for. She really is not large at all - she wears a size 2 jean. But if there was one thing she would wish to be rid of it would be her hiney. She has inherited exactly what she was hoping for!

Another time when she was in grade school probably 3rd or 4th grade she got into the car and began to tell me about her day.

"Mom, we had a test in school today"

My reply "Really, what was it on?"

With a look of "I can't believe you are actually asking that" she replies.

"A piece of paper."

This is what I have to work with!

That being said, our youngest daugther is Abby. She is a brunett and until this week she was always on top of things. This week she has completely lost it. Mom, what are we doing today comes out of her mouth at least 3 times within the first 1/2 hour of waking. By the third time I usually tell her we are going out back to scoop up elephant dung and feed the chickens. We have a very small backyard and no animals but at least she usually catches the comments and starts laughing. I think it must be the raging hormones as there have been more tears than usual as well.

Ah, life with a teenager. Enjoy your weekend! I would like to customize my blog - send me tips on how to do that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is it you want to do my dear sis?

j said...

Good Mornin'!

Love the Gabbyisms. It is a cool thing, to me, to gently emphasize the way that our kids are different, even if it means picking up on those certain traits. Hence, Diva Daughter at my place. Lord Have Mercy what Drama in a small package.

Blog layout. I just love a make over! You know HOW to do it as far as copying and pasting the code, right?

I got my template from Pyzam.com and it was free. I like it EXCEPT for the orange bar across the top. I actually chose my template to match that nasty orange bar.

Another site I have seen that has free templates and a SMALL advertisement is Coolest Blog on the Block. REALLY cute layouts on that site.

The time to do it is NOW though, before you have a bunch of stuff on your sidebar. I lost all of mine when I changed so I don't take changes lightly!

Be blessed.

Jen

*sorry this was so bloomin' long!!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

That is too funny!

I love their names...I'm forever thinking of girls names that I like even though I don't plan on having any more babies, and the fact that we seem to only reproduce boys...but Gabby and Abby would totally be on the list :)

j said...

I had to answer you back on the CAT hat. Glad that your Hubby approves. HAH!

By the way, if you need specific help with your blog layout, or how to do something else, I will be happy to help you to the best of my ability.

Take care!

Jen

j said...

OK, here goes....

~Go to customize...
~Then on the 'tool bar' look for Edit HTML.
~You will need to delete the template code that is there.
~then do the copy and paste where the old code was.

If you need anymore help you can email me at jendt55@yahoo.com

I have been known to walk people through linking within a post using pictures... NO JOKE!

Good luck!

Jen