Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall, Bama & the Cubbies.

For those of you blessed enough to live in the Midwest, you are surely feeling the heat that I continue to feel. I look around and can't believe that next week is October and we still have our a/c on. More because of my allergies than for the heat. Soon the farmers will be harvesting their crops and all the trees will turn their beautiful colors before losing their leaves.

I am amazed by the colors I am seeing (burning bushes are just starting to turn) even with the weather so warm. Isn't it cool that God made the trees so that they would know exactly when it was time for them to rest for the winter? I think He made me that way too.

So, in honor of the fall that we will soon see. I made soup and chili for supper. The girls aren't fond of chili so I made them soup. I also whipped up a batch of banana bread (with chocolate chips because EVERYTHING is better with chocolate) so the house would smell really good.

Can you smell it? Yummo!

Count them, two nights in a row at home. I think it is a record for us in the last 4 months.

I have been watching football with my hubs. We are switching between the Penn St. Illinois game and the Georgia Bama game. ROLL TIDE! Show of hands, who wore white in honor of Bama today? Sorry if you are not a football fan but my bloggy buddy, Jen, over at dust bunny hostage got me started on Bama and I must be a good fan and plug them whenever I can. At the moment, they are winning. YIPEE! Only 7 minutes left, which means the game will be over in about 30 minutes.

While I am on the plug for sports, I must mention that my beloved Cubbies won their division this week. While I have not been able to spend much time watching baseball this summer because of all the softball games, I am a lifelong fan of the Cubs. I am realistic about the chances of them ever winning the world series. My hopes are always high but I am never surprised when they completely blow it. My hubs and I have a bit of philosophy regarding the Cubs. They will be playing the 7th game in the world series and the winning run will be on base. The batter hits the ball and bam - the Lord returns and takes us home to be with Him - thus leaving the Cubs without another championship! Just a joke so please no throwing of popcorn or other food items (unless it is chocolate of course). If you are a Cardinal fan, you are forgiven and I will have to try to convert you.....in time.....you will be assimilated (a line from the borg on Star Trek if you are not a Treky).

TOUCHDOWN!

Sorry, but I have to keep you updated in case you are watching something more important like the news or something! It is very important that I keep you updated don't ya think! Otherwise, how would you know?

Touchdown, Georgia :{ 3 minutes to go.

Our high school football team finally won a game last night. They beat my alma mater. I thought it would be fun to go to that game but was SO tired that I just stayed at home. FYI, remember the game we played last week that we lost? One of the boys ended up in the hospital with a cracked rib and a bruised spline. OUCH! How was there NOT flags on some of those plays? On the up side, the sophmore boys beat their sophmore guys. Their coach got thrown out of the game and their were many unsportsmen like conduct calls against their team. Apparently the varsity team is able to hide their conduct a bit more than the sophmores.

Touchdown, Georgia :{ 1:35 to go.

BAMA WINS!! I can rest easy tonight and smile tomorrow ;}

Hugs and blessings on your Sunday.

Jeanette

2 comments:

ADMIN said...

Chili sounds really delish! maybe I'll cook some tonight for dinner.
It's been so hot here, I can't wait for fall and some cooler weather!

Cheffie-Mom said...

It is a bit cooler in the mornings down here in Texas, but I'm ready for the REALLY cool weather- coat wearing cold! I just made some chili too! Great minds think alike! Have a super day!