I totally forgot to tell ya'll that Abby still has her braces on.
Can you believe it?!
She was told that they would put her retainer on.
They did.
They took the wire off her bottom teeth, put the retainer on and left the braces on.
They want to make sure that her teeth don't move.
She was devestated!
I can't blame her either.
I was a bit miffed that I took her out of school for a 20 minute procedure.
I thought it would take a good hour for them to take off her braces
so I scheduled her during the school day.
When it was time to schedule her again they wanted to know if I wanted the same time.
Ah, let me think....
NO!
I would like a 4:30pm appointment so my kid doesn't have to get out of
school early for another 20 minute appointment.
Course, then the coaches expect you to schedule everything around all the sports practices and games. I have stopped doing that.
If they have an appointment, they will miss practice so they don't miss school.
I think I have had to re-schedule about 5 times this year and I simply
refuse to do it again!
Off to have some supper.
I'm thinkin' some leftover potato soup.
Hugs!
Jeanette
Can you believe it?!
She was told that they would put her retainer on.
They did.
They took the wire off her bottom teeth, put the retainer on and left the braces on.
They want to make sure that her teeth don't move.
She was devestated!
I can't blame her either.
I was a bit miffed that I took her out of school for a 20 minute procedure.
I thought it would take a good hour for them to take off her braces
so I scheduled her during the school day.
When it was time to schedule her again they wanted to know if I wanted the same time.
Ah, let me think....
NO!
I would like a 4:30pm appointment so my kid doesn't have to get out of
school early for another 20 minute appointment.
Course, then the coaches expect you to schedule everything around all the sports practices and games. I have stopped doing that.
If they have an appointment, they will miss practice so they don't miss school.
I think I have had to re-schedule about 5 times this year and I simply
refuse to do it again!
Off to have some supper.
I'm thinkin' some leftover potato soup.
Hugs!
Jeanette

3 comments:
Poor Abby!
I'd be bummed too.
I totally agree about appointments after school. It's easier on the kids to miss a pracice than to miss school and do make up work.
My kiddo had to stay after school today for an hour to make up his spanish lab that he missed when he had his dental appt. last week.
I hope Abby gets her braces off soon!
Hugs!
Mimi
So sorry Abby! Hopefully they will come off soon. (: Have a great week.
Yup. Michelle and Jon S. :) I knew that you guys went to the same church, but I guess I'd never said anything before. :)
Post a Comment