Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Report Cards are in.............

Drum roll please..............

dadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada

Both girls got all A's and B's on their report cards.
We also got their testing scores from last spring.

Gabby tests very well in Math.
She scored 97% in math.
Meaning she did as well or better than 97% of the other people that took this same test.

Whew!

We don't take much stock in testing scores and get really frustrated that the schools tend to teach toward that tests. We like to see old school type teaching.

On another note.....

I have begun my fall cleaning.
Every spring and fall I clean the house top to bottom.
Mostly working on washing windows and window coverings and cleaning the carpets.
So far I have the master bedroom, bath and closet done along with the girls' bathroom and the spare bedroom.
Tomorrow I tackle Abby's bedroom and the 1/2 bath, office and laundry room.
Thursday is Gabby's room, family room and sunroom.
This will leave the kitchen, dining room and the basement for Friday.

I have majorly cut back on my work hours this week in order to get my house done.
I know it seems extreme but I feel so much better settling into a clean house for the winter.
It is really hard to wash windows in the middle of winter ya know!

My washer and dryer continue to hum and I have a stack of magazines that need gone thru so I can get rid of them. Everyday brings more magazines and no time to go thru them so I better get that task done.

Random thought.....

Anyone start their Christmas shopping yet?
Only two months left, better get going!

6 nieces and nephews down, 7 to go!

Hugs!

Jeanette

6 comments:

ADMIN said...

Great job on those grades, girls!
Jeanette, I need to do a fall cleaning too. I just can't seem to get motivated. Any advice?
Do your daughters help you?

Meg said...

I've been startled everytime a Christmas commercial has come on the tv over the past couple of weeks. I am nowhere near ready to start. I think I'm gonna have to start after Turkey Day. Black Friday shopping anyone???

Patrice and Higgins said...

My goodness, would you like to take a trip to Tennessee? We could have some fun Fall bonding over cleaning my house!!

We actually started Fall cleaning on Sunday, not quite done yet, but we do not have a master schedule, just hitting things here and there!

Christmas shopping????? Ughhh! Only picked up one thing, and the reason we got that was because Jeremy got this gift at work for his 15 year anniversary, so I grabbed it up and put it away, makes a great Christmas present! I will start mine and join the masses that day after Thanksgiving!

Jeanette said...

I was having motivational issues too until I realized that if I didn't get going Thanksgiving & Christmas would be here and I would still have nothing done!

My girls will help if I ask them but they are usually at school. They do help me move furniture around before and after scholl though.

Hugs!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Great job on the grades! And Mom, great job on the cleaning! Christmas shopping??? LOL!

j said...

It just scares me silly that Christmas is this close. I feel behind already... HA!

I will be cleaning all next week. My inlaws are coming down to stay with us and I want things to be perfect.

Have a great weekend Jeanette.