Saturday, October 25, 2008

What NOT to wear to weddings!

Today we had a wedding to go to.

That meant that tonight we had a reception.
It is interesting to see what people wear to weddings.
For some reason, people feel that it is ok to wear things they would not normally wear!

Note to the 70 year old Marilyn Monroe look alike.
The white flowy halter dress looked ok on Marilyn 50 years ago.
Not so great on you!

I am not trying to be mean!
REALLY!!

It is just WRONG!

Um, let's just agree that you will NEVER wear that dress again, ok?!

Now, on to the gal whose bra was plain to see across her back.
She had on a low plunging back dress.
Really pretty until she turned around and her bra back was completely exposed.
I don't think this is what the designer had in mind.
I'll just leave it to say that this dress is retired until
you pick up the correct undergarments to go with it.
You'll thank me for it later!

The bride and groom, along with the bridal party looked VERY nice.
8 attendents each plus 5 flower girls & ring bearers/bell ringers.
A full blown Catholic ceremony that lasted well over an hour.
(This was foreign to us as it has been about 15 years
since we have been to a full Catholic ceremony - communion included.)
The reception had over 400 people in attendence.
Complete with a sit down dinner and an open bar.
The cake was gorgeous and yummy too -
cause that is what it is all about you know!
I can not even imagine how much money was spent today.

The bride is a cancer survivor so today was very special for her family as I know many of them were thinking that they did not think she would live to see her special day.
Of course, she is REALLY tiny in height and weight.
I'm talking maybe 5 foot and 90 lbs.
She was beautiful!

This one's for you Tom & Ashley!

Congrats and God bless you :}

Hugs,
Jeanette

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NASTY!!! It is ridiculous what people try to pull off!

ADMIN said...

I can't believe the bra showing! That's just ridiculous. Maybe she forgot to change it? The 70 yr. old Marilyn sounds like one of my neighbors, she's in her 70's and dresses like a 20 year old. Sometimes it can be a bit shocking, but this is California! People are so funny!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Congratulations to Tom and Ashley! (:

Unknown said...

HAHAHA U CRACK ME UP!

LOOK
http://www.nick.com/kpp/