Today was kinda my day "off".
I still had to do the vacuuming, laundry, grocery store.
But, I did not clean my house.
I feel a bit light headed from ya'll gasping at the same time.
I think the oxygen levels around the globe went down.
I know, I know....
I always clean on Monday's.
Well, NOT TODAY!!
Yesterday was our Feast of Thanks at church.
Our care group (a small group of folks that we keep track of)
was in charge of this event.
It was our churches first feast.
We did not know how the turn out would be.
We had a great turn out - about 380 people!!
Needless to say, after feeding 380 people, setting up and tearing down.
Our group was EXHAUSTED!
This, along with the fact that my throat started hurting on Thursday.
The feeling of a cold coming on.
So, I got to come home and crash.
That earned me the day off today.
I am taking my cold meds and popping Halls Breezers
to keep my throat from burning.
Ouch!
This usually hits me about this time every year so I'll do what I always do.
Deal with it until it knocks me flat and end up going to the drs. anyway after it has hit the broncitus level because the drs. won't give you anything until that point anyway.
I told my sis that I would make a list of 10 things I am thankful
for so I better get to it before I forget cause ya just never know when these drugs are gonna kick in.
1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and for a
great church that teaches the Gospel.
I still had to do the vacuuming, laundry, grocery store.
But, I did not clean my house.
I feel a bit light headed from ya'll gasping at the same time.
I think the oxygen levels around the globe went down.
I know, I know....
I always clean on Monday's.
Well, NOT TODAY!!
Yesterday was our Feast of Thanks at church.
Our care group (a small group of folks that we keep track of)
was in charge of this event.
It was our churches first feast.
We did not know how the turn out would be.
We had a great turn out - about 380 people!!
Needless to say, after feeding 380 people, setting up and tearing down.
Our group was EXHAUSTED!
This, along with the fact that my throat started hurting on Thursday.
The feeling of a cold coming on.
So, I got to come home and crash.
That earned me the day off today.
I am taking my cold meds and popping Halls Breezers
to keep my throat from burning.
Ouch!
This usually hits me about this time every year so I'll do what I always do.
Deal with it until it knocks me flat and end up going to the drs. anyway after it has hit the broncitus level because the drs. won't give you anything until that point anyway.
I told my sis that I would make a list of 10 things I am thankful
for so I better get to it before I forget cause ya just never know when these drugs are gonna kick in.
1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and for a
great church that teaches the Gospel.
2. Hostess 100 calorie pack cupcakes -
they are yummy and only 1 weight watcher point.
3. A warm and welcoming home.
4. A great husband and 2 sweetie pie teenage daughters.
5. My washer, dryer, dishwasher and microwave -
for obvious reasons.
6. My laptop - I heart my laptop!
7. My parents, sisters & brother, neices and nephews -
they always make me smile :}
8. Heated seats in my car -
cause there is nothin' like warm buns.
9. Our DVR - no explanation needed!!
10. My friends and blogging buddies -
life would be so much less interesting without you ;}
Tomorrow is my girls' last day of school for the week.
Wednesday I get my nails done and Gabby and I are getting pedicures.
I.
CAN'T.
they are yummy and only 1 weight watcher point.
3. A warm and welcoming home.
4. A great husband and 2 sweetie pie teenage daughters.
5. My washer, dryer, dishwasher and microwave -
for obvious reasons.
6. My laptop - I heart my laptop!
7. My parents, sisters & brother, neices and nephews -
they always make me smile :}
8. Heated seats in my car -
cause there is nothin' like warm buns.
9. Our DVR - no explanation needed!!
10. My friends and blogging buddies -
life would be so much less interesting without you ;}
Tomorrow is my girls' last day of school for the week.
Wednesday I get my nails done and Gabby and I are getting pedicures.
I.
CAN'T.
WAIT.
Thanksgiving day will see us at my MIL's house.
We never know what will happen or who will show up.
Should be interesting!
Blessings until next time!
Jeanette

4 comments:
Putting in big feasts like that is so much fun. Our church just gave out 110 turkeys last sunday to the families that come in on our bus routes to the inner city. It feels so good to do stuff like that, doesnt it?
Happy Thanksgiving!
Congrats on not pushing yourself to clean the house.
Enjoy your in-laws and eat lots of good stuff!
Hugs,
Mimi
Wow...you deserve the day off after that kind of turn out!
Hope you feel better...that's what I had too!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Why didn't I know Jeanette had a blog ... since July! Wow, you're a fantastic writer, friend. You should, like, be involved in a women's ministries newsletter team ... I miss seeing you, Jeanette! Have a great Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment