Isn't that cool?
They actually announce it every year on the today show!
Woo Hoo - we make national news....
for a good reason!!
Gabby marches in the parade with the high school band
so we must go to the parade for the next three years.
Please Lord, send nice weather!
While we were waiting for the parade to start,
one of the local tv channels were interviewing kids about the parade
and Christmas.
The picture below shows the reporter and the camera girl.
The reporter asked the girls what they wanted for Christmas.
One of them replied...
"I want a tuba"
I think the reporter about wet her pants.
Every time a band went by with a tuba in it the girl started yelling...
"Mommy, a tuba, a tuba, do you see, a tuba"
It was hilarious!
Her mom had no idea she wanted a tuba.
How do you even wrap one of those?
Anyway, it was really cute!
Gabby's band placed 1st....
cause they ROCK!
(Gabby said to put that in)
We spent the rest of our day at home.
I let my fingers do the walking and got most of the girls' Christmas
presents bought along with a few birthday gifts.
Abby's birthday is just before Christmas and Gabby's is in early
January so we buy everything at the same time.
Our Christmas decorations are all up and shining brightly.
I will probably do some outside decorating but not much.
Just not into it this year.
Yesterday was spent with my DH's family.
We had the annual viewing of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
after we had lunch. This marks the start of our Christmas
season. It was nice to see everyone but just as nice to go home.
My DH's side has some marital issues with two of his sisters.
If I hear the one husband demean his wife one more time,
I think I'll body slam him!
Nothing makes me more angry than a man talking down
to his wife (or any woman for that matter).
Gggggrrrrrrrrr!
OK, off my soapbox....
Praying that ya'll had a great Thanksgiving Day
and an even better black Friday.
Hugs!
Jeanette

4 comments:
Yay Gabby! Congrats on being #1!
I love the idea of giving a little girl a tuba for Christmas...how funny!I hope her mom got it on video. LOL... wish I could have been there!
DUDE! You blog! I did not know this until I read Kevin's blog tonight.
That's funny about the girl wanting a tuba. She should start out with a baritone 1st... a little more her size. ;) As far as wrapping it... LOTS of wrapping paper. :)
-Sarah D.
Oh I LOVE a parade! For several years I had to march in the one back home because the dance studio I worked for was in it. It was at night and would always be the COLDEST night of the year. Brrr, Cold!
Tell Gabby Congrats!
Oh! And ZERO decorating so far. I will be a busy bee next week.
Post a Comment