Monday, December 15, 2008

A day in the life of me :}

Prepare yourself.

I have an announcement.

I did not clean my house today.

I know!
Your shocked!!

I decided that I'm gonna clean later this week so that the house will be clean when we head on vacation. And then I should not have to clean again until everyone is back to school and work.

So, instead of cleaning I:

did laundry
ran the vacuum
cleaned out the storage room
ran the dishwasher
tidied up the house (does not mean cleaning just picking up all the stuff left by the other critters that reside in my house)
wrapped presents for the teachers at Abby's middle school
went to lunch with a girlfriend
went grocery shopping
helped my dad install an air purifier on our furnace
balanced the checkbook and savings account
made up a candy gift box for our neighbor
put together christmas cards and candy for my DH to take to work
helped Gabby decide her school schedule for next year

I did not think I got much done today until I looked at this list.

Whew,

I'm tired!

Oh yeah, the girlfriend I went to lunch this today had also been sick this weekend. I think I had a flu bug and not anything to do with food. It hit her like it hit me - BAM! We are both feeling better today and it was good to get back to real food. Love that sugar toast but my love for real food trumps it every time.

I better get my girls tucked into bed. Yeah, I still give kisses and I heart you to them each night.

Hugs to all!

Jeanette

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh boy you sound like me! I swear I cant do anything else until everything is sparkling.. I just get it to sparkle, the kids come home from school and I have to start all over the next day!

MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

ADMIN said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better!
Congrats on taking a day off from house cleaning. You deserve it!

Meg said...

Thanks for my card! Totally unnecessary! I just wanted you to come party with us! :) Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Hey there sis . . . I think my kitchen being done will be a Christmas miracle.

Cheffie-Mom said...

I'm glad you are feeling better busy lady! And I still gives kisses and heart my son at night too. (: