Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ice and SANTA!!

I have been a slacker posting because I have made up about 40 of these this week plus one for Abby's birthday on Saturday.


That is right folks. I am busier at work in December with below zero wind chills than I am in July. IT IS CRAZY! I finished up at work today and won't be going back until January 5th. I am excited to be able to have some down time and not have to worry about when to go into work with my family at home.

Because of my slacking, I have forgotten to post some pictures of our Christmas tree. So, here we go.......
Banister...


Banister flower...


The tree, sorry about the glare!


And because we don't discriminate against any ornament, an angel and a Star Trek shuttle craft.

We are currently getting an ice storm and are praying that we keep electricity throughout the storm that is to last until about noon tomorrow. We shall see! My car looks like a huge block of ice :} Can you believe that the wipers don't work so well when it is freezing rain outside. My car actually made a cracking noise when I turned the corner on the way home. It was kinda funny and my DH made the statement that a car isn't supposed to sound like that!

Gabby has one more day of finals - math and spanish. She was happy to be done with biology and english today and software applications yesterday. If they don't have school they will have the last day of finals the day they return to school. Fun, eh?! She has spent countless hours studying in the sunroom. Abby pretty much has NOTHING going on at school so she really doesn't care if they have school.

We had our last Christmas party to attend tonight. On our way to the party, we were at a stoplight. My DH says, hey Santa! I look over to the car next to us and there he was. SANTA! This was the best Santa I have EVER seen in real life! I mean really - real white beard, white gloves, jolly red hat and suit AND golden rimmed glasses. I was just about to yell...



At the last minute I controlled myself!

Abby's 14th birthday is Saturday, all the Christmas gifts are purchased and wrapped. Tomorrow brings my day of cleaning. Packing for vacation has begun. At least me and Abby have started working on it. Don't know when Gabby will get to hers but I hope she will start by tomorrow night. We are planning on have birthday and Christmas on Saturday. We don't have room to pack any gifts to take on vacation with us so we will make our time Saturday night special by reading the Christmas story before openning gifts - just as if it were Christmas day.

There goes the snow plow again. I joke about our school district paying extra for the snowplow man to keep the roads open in order for school to stay open. We know that if our school is cancelled it must be bad outside.

Time for bed. Stay warm!

Hugs,

Jeanette

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are your girls home from school?

My kids are - all of them AND Randy. BUMMER!

In case I don't talk to you before you head out on the BIG "V" have a great time - don't get hijacked on the plane and be safe.

Have a Merry Christmas too!

Hugs and Love you!!!

Tell Abs Happy Birthday - I will get her birthday and the girls' Christmas gifts to them after you get home.

Hugs and love again - AND YES . . . I will have a kitchen for Christmas!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Snow plow??? Seriously???

I noticed that the snow plow did not come up our street at all with the 4 inch fall from Tuesday night. I was a bit irritated. I think our neighborhood is the forgotten stepchild of road maintenance lately. Glad your street is clear, though.

KEEP BELIEVING

tonya said...

Your decorations are gorgeous & that cake is amazing!! I want a piece of it right now w/ my cup of coffee!!!