Saturday, April 18, 2009

The mini reno has begun....

My granite countertops are coming one week from Tuesday.

My kitchen walls are still burgandy. See?


The primer is sitting in the dining room staring at me.

Did you know that paint cans have eyes?

They do and it is boring a hole in the back of my head every time I sit in the family room to watch tv or read a book.

So today I decided I needed to get to work. I have unscrewed all the countertops except the island. One top is completely off and I have started working on the wall. I needed to pull off some extra wallpaper that I put up when we built the house. I spackled what needed to be done and I am going to let it sit overnight and sand it tomorrow afternoon. I just want the walls to look really good and prep work means everything!

I won't be able to pull my other countertop out until next weekend. I need my sink until the least possible moment which means next weekend so that I will have time to fix and paint the walls before the guys come for the big day. I'm thinking that I will need to take a picture of the plumbing before I disconnect it all.

Again, I know what you are thinking.

Yes, I do plumbing too!

At least I'm hoping that it isn't going to be a huge problem or I'm gonna have to call my dad to walk me through it. I know I can do the faucet but I will have to take off our garbage disposal and put it on the new sink and then hook up the drainage. That is what I am fearing most. I don't want to make a mess of everything.

I need to figure out what to for dinner tonight. Bill is sitting here eating candy so maybe he won't need dinner :}

Hugs!

6 comments:

Patrice and Higgins said...

That was the color of my kitchen before I painted it!! Order in something for supper, take a break!

Anonymous said...

Make sure to have fresh plumbers putty for the garbage disposal install.

You can do it! I have faith in you!

Don't forget to have the girls take a photo of you in the trenches!!!

Love you sis!

Peppermint0984 said...

Haha - Who Bill, eat candy? NEVER!

I remember when you painted the kitchen burgandy (and a lot of other rooms for that matter). It always looks so nice when you get done!

We also found the newspaper w/ Gabs name. :)

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Good luck with the kitchen, I can't wait to see it finished.

j said...

Lady I wish I was as hand as you are! I am so impressed. And jealous too.

ADMIN said...

jeanette can do plumbing-who knew?
I am so impressed! I always joke that one of my kids should marry a plumber and the other one should marry an electrician.I can't wait to see some photos!