The girls finished their first week at school and they are still alive. Today was a marathon for us as Abby had a double header this morning while Gabby was at volleyball practice. After volleyball practice, Gabby had to load up on the bus for a marching band parade in an area town. After the parade, she was off to a volleyball cookout. After Abby's double header we headed home to mow the grass and bake brownies and cookies. My DH was wonderful in making sure he got to the ballgames and parade.
I had a wonderful morning and early afternoon at a prayer summitt at church. Jim Cymbala (pastor of the Brooklyn Tabernacle) has a video series on prayer and it was awesome! Man, do I have a long way to go!!
Tonight I am drained both emotionally and physically. Tomorrow after church we have a family reunion for my DH's family. I absolutley detest going to this reunion every year. Last year I was adament that we were not going and we didn't but this year I was told we had to go. Don't get me wrong, his family is fine (everyone of them is certifiably crazy) but I have never really "connected" with any of them. So, we will sit with my MIL and chat with her until it is time to get home.
I am still working on laundry tonight. I decided a few weeks ago that I need to really cut back on using my dryer (it usually runs 12 hours straight on laundry day twice a week) and start hanging things to dry. Our neighborhood won't allow us to use clothes lines outside - really great neighborhood for going green right?! So, I ordered these for me to hang all my wet clothes on. They work great and don't tip over!! My only problem is that I can't do all my laundry on one day as the clothes need to dry before I can put more clothes on them. I picked up some pant hangers from Walmart to hang all our pants and shorts to dry. Once they are dry, I throw them in the dryer for about 10 minutes to soften them up and then I put them away. It works great and I am anxious to see what a difference it makes in our electric bill. I still dry all my towels, socks and undies because I just can't stand to use stiff towels and socks and who likes scratchy undies?! So, now I do laundry everyday - something that makes me crazy but is worth it to save some cash.
Blessings on your Sunday and Hugs to all!
Jeanette
I had a wonderful morning and early afternoon at a prayer summitt at church. Jim Cymbala (pastor of the Brooklyn Tabernacle) has a video series on prayer and it was awesome! Man, do I have a long way to go!!
Tonight I am drained both emotionally and physically. Tomorrow after church we have a family reunion for my DH's family. I absolutley detest going to this reunion every year. Last year I was adament that we were not going and we didn't but this year I was told we had to go. Don't get me wrong, his family is fine (everyone of them is certifiably crazy) but I have never really "connected" with any of them. So, we will sit with my MIL and chat with her until it is time to get home.
I am still working on laundry tonight. I decided a few weeks ago that I need to really cut back on using my dryer (it usually runs 12 hours straight on laundry day twice a week) and start hanging things to dry. Our neighborhood won't allow us to use clothes lines outside - really great neighborhood for going green right?! So, I ordered these for me to hang all my wet clothes on. They work great and don't tip over!! My only problem is that I can't do all my laundry on one day as the clothes need to dry before I can put more clothes on them. I picked up some pant hangers from Walmart to hang all our pants and shorts to dry. Once they are dry, I throw them in the dryer for about 10 minutes to soften them up and then I put them away. It works great and I am anxious to see what a difference it makes in our electric bill. I still dry all my towels, socks and undies because I just can't stand to use stiff towels and socks and who likes scratchy undies?! So, now I do laundry everyday - something that makes me crazy but is worth it to save some cash.
Blessings on your Sunday and Hugs to all!
Jeanette

6 comments:
Wow, I'm worn out by just reading about your Saturday!
Our church, not to long ago did the video series that Jim Cymbala did on prayer. It was amazing and you will really enjoy it!
I thought about hanging my laundry outside....we live in the country, so no one will see our laundry hanging and complain, but the goats would have a hay day eating it!! Maybe I will have to get creative like you did, and use alternate methods!!
Enjoy the family tomorrow!! Wink!!
Hey there! Loved the pics you took of Cody!
Thanks for keeping him busy! Great job~
I don't envy your Saturday!
Love you!
Wow, you had a busy day! Your crazy kids are so active!
I hang laundry out to dry too, we have a big stuccoed wall around our yard - in So. Cal. it's a wall, not a fence LOL- and so nobody can see into the yard. I just love line drying, it's better for the environment, saves money, and it really makes your clothes look better longer. I swear the dryer just beats up some clothes!
hey JW . . . glasses were not needed only a non-fuzzy head. It is really hard to spell under the influence!!!
The secret scent thing is weird huh?
HUGS AND KISSES!
Family reunions are scary, aren't they?
Woo! Are you still breathing after that? Did you hold up OK?
I am working on a post answering your comment today. I hope to post it tomorrow!!!
Be blessed.
Jen
Post a Comment