Sunday, September 14, 2008

Listen....it is quiet!

Can you hear it? Silence! I can only hear the bugs singing and the sump pump running.

The rain has finally stopped.

But not before basements have flooded and rivers have risen. I know that last night alone we received at least 5 inches of rain! One of the ladies at church dumped her rain gauged twice in the last 3 days. Many people were home bailing to keep the water from doing too much damage. I am so thankful for a dry basement. Many in our subdivision don't.

It looks to be a beautiful week which I am thankful for! Gabby has homecoming on Saturday night and I am anxious to get to a football game Friday night. The temps look to be perfect for next weekend and that will make for a wonderful homecoming weekend.

Someone will have to mow the grass tomorrow. I have a house to clean and am going out to lunch with a girlfriend tomorrow. She is my weight watchers buddy and we have missed each other all summer. She has 5 kids and is working part time at Brighton. Needless to say, with the girls softball and her 5 kids, we have not gotten to see each other all summer. We are both having withdrawal!! After lunch I think we are going to do some shopping. Should be a good time!!! Then back home to finish cleaning.

Time to go spend some time with my love. Y'all have a great night!

Hugs!

Jeanette

3 comments:

j said...

I am so glad that you have a dry basement!!! Is Gabby going to a Homecoming dance? Gosh, Homecoming makes me think FALL! I love fall!

Hope you have a lovely week!

Jen

Patrice and Higgins said...

The rain has stop....Praise the Lord, I know your happy!!

Michelle said...

Hoping you have a dry week. It's raining here and the weather is suppose to be getting cooler:)