Not just tired.
I'm dog tired.
I'm dog tired.
Both girls had games today.
Gabby had a volleyball tournament.
Abby had a basketball game.
In towns about 40 minutes apart.
My DH had choir practice today so I was elected to try to make it to as many games as possible.
I started out with a volleyball game.
They won in 2 games.
DH was to head over to the volleyball games at 11am.
Head out to basketball game.
Both the 7th and 8th grade team won.
The highlight was that Abby made her first 2 points EVER
AND
she fouled for the first time EVER!
Really, this is an accomplishment. She has been very timid on the basketball floor.
This is her first year playing so she is still learning the game.
She did really well today!
Back to the volleyball games.
While I was gone they lost two sets so that threw them into the losers bracket.
They won the next set and headed into the consolation championship game.
They won their last set to become the #1 Losers!
Cool eh?!
They even got a trophy.
We finally made it home (after picking up dinner at Subway) about 7pm.
Basically, we sat at games from 9:30am to 6pm.
My rear and my back HURT!
Bleachers must have been made by some person as a joke.
They are not real seating for ANY length of time.
I have decided they are an evil plot by children so that after parents sit for any period of time they are unable to chase them down because they can't stand up straight!
Quick question, totally off subject.
Have you had to turn on your heat yet?
Mimi, you don't have to answer - you are probably asking what I am even talking about. I am sure you rarely have to use heat in Southern California!
I turned ours on this morning.
It was cold in our house (and outside with it being about 38 degrees this morning)
Abby had a basketball game.
In towns about 40 minutes apart.
My DH had choir practice today so I was elected to try to make it to as many games as possible.
I started out with a volleyball game.
They won in 2 games.
DH was to head over to the volleyball games at 11am.
Head out to basketball game.
Both the 7th and 8th grade team won.
The highlight was that Abby made her first 2 points EVER
AND
she fouled for the first time EVER!
Really, this is an accomplishment. She has been very timid on the basketball floor.
This is her first year playing so she is still learning the game.
She did really well today!
Back to the volleyball games.
While I was gone they lost two sets so that threw them into the losers bracket.
They won the next set and headed into the consolation championship game.
They won their last set to become the #1 Losers!
Cool eh?!
They even got a trophy.
We finally made it home (after picking up dinner at Subway) about 7pm.
Basically, we sat at games from 9:30am to 6pm.
My rear and my back HURT!
Bleachers must have been made by some person as a joke.
They are not real seating for ANY length of time.
I have decided they are an evil plot by children so that after parents sit for any period of time they are unable to chase them down because they can't stand up straight!
Quick question, totally off subject.
Have you had to turn on your heat yet?
Mimi, you don't have to answer - you are probably asking what I am even talking about. I am sure you rarely have to use heat in Southern California!
I turned ours on this morning.
It was cold in our house (and outside with it being about 38 degrees this morning)
and it felt wonderful to heat the house up a bit.
Hugs to all!
Jeanette
Hugs to all!
Jeanette

2 comments:
Heat...yes ma'am! The heat in our house is a beautiful thing right now.
However, the heat at church was on today...OH MY! I had to peel my sweater (no worries, shirt underneath), pull my hair up in a clip, AND walk outside to get fresh air DURING THE SERVICE. I don't even get up to go to the bathroom during church, so it was stinkin' suffocating hot in that place!!
Hi Jeanette, You have an award, so come and get it!
Post a Comment