Friday, October 17, 2008

Them Boys just need to STAY AWAY!

Apparently Gabby is a very popular girl.

The other night we were sitting together and she got a phone call from a boy.
He happens to have a girlfriend on her volleyball team.

He was asking her to come outside so he could talk to her.
She kept telling him that she couldn't but he kept pressuring her.
You know how it goes,
come on,
it's no big deal,
just for 5 minutes.....

I heard all of this.
It did NOT make me happy.

She kept telling him no and I finally got on the phone.
I told him if he wanted to talk to my daughter, he needed to ring the door bell and ask to come inside to talk with her.

We was surprised by this!

His reply:

You would let me in?

Yes, you may come in.
I don't turn away my kids' friends.

Gabby called the girl from her team and she headed over to our house.
She arrived the same time the boys did.
Apparently they had decided that they needed space and he needed to talk to a girl - I don't know why he chose Gabby. She has NO boy experience!

He and his buddy rang the doorbell and they came in.

I introduced them to my DH (who, by the way, is pretty muscular thru the chest and arms). I think that surprised them and slightly scared them too.

That is a good thing!

I did ask that he not pressure my kid into doing something that she was not supposed to do.
He had no idea that asking a girl to talk outside is something that would not be ok.
Although she told him multiple times that she was not allowed to be outside with a boy by herself.

His reply was a sincere apology.
I was surprised and happy that he respected our rules.

So he and his buddy sat in the kitchen and talked with the girls for about an hour until I told them they needed to head home.

By this time it was 11pm and they had to walk home (we did offer rides).

They said thank you for letting them come in.
Apparently they have tried this same thing at other girls' homes and were turned away and not allowed to come in.

I told them we have our rules and that Gabby was not allowed to date or be alone with a boy until she is 16. They laughed and said they were not interested in dating Gabby but understood that they did fall into the second part of that rule.

I think I may have to write another Dear John letter!
If you missed that post, you can check it out here.

Each and every day our girls get older and I get more terrified!

I really wish that Patrice lived next door to me.
I just know that her boys would look out for my girls and keep the bad guys away!

Well, it was a good thought anyway ;}

Hugs!

Jeanette

3 comments:

Patrice and Higgins said...

Oh girl....if we ever make it past the teenage years, it will be a complete miracle!

My hubby and I just got done, not 2 minutes ago, having a 30 minute discussion with our 14 year old about why he could not go to a "dance" after the game. They think they are so grown up, but they are still so innocent and do not realize what could happen.

It breaks my heart, it is not they we do not trust them, we just know first hand what could happen. One day they will love us for being thei parents and will understand our reasonings!!

Yep, if we live next door to each other, all the teenager would be whipped into shape! Between the two of us, there would be no hope for them, only good wholesome board games with koolaide and cookeis! Wink!

Hugs!

Patrice and Higgins said...

Opps, you can tell I just took out my contacts....so many spelling mistakes! I just had to post, could not wait until the morning, even though I can't see without my eyes!! If your thinking why I do not have my glasses on....I lost them!

ADMIN said...

Oh jeanette, you poor mother of gorgeous teen girls!I think it's kind of sweet that you let them young fellas come in to talk.
That was the right thing to do, you showed your daughters that you can meet them in the middle as long as they follow the rules. I think that's going to keep the lones of communication open between you and your girls, and that is very important. My kids tell me everything, and I hope to keep it that way. Some of their friends moms tell me that their kids do not tell them anything at all. I think that as parents we need to listen to our kids and have open conversations. You and your hubs are doing a great job!
Hugs,
Mimi