I have just discovered that this is my 100th post!
Woo Hoo :}
And it appropriately falls on New Years Eve - a night for celebration.
Today found me finishing up putting away the Christmas decor. The house is pretty much back in order except for these people that I live with are still here during the day! What is up with that?!
Gabby is feeling much better and got to go to the dentist to get that tooth filled today. Our dentist is very good about having to re-schedule when the kids are sick. So, after the dentist (she did not have to have it numbed - YIPEE!) we went over to Coldstone to get her a cherry cheesecake shake - her favorite (and probably the reason she got the cavity in the first place but who cares :}) I also wanted to see how things were going in the cake department. There were 3 cakes in the display so I guess I know what I am doing all of next week. The day shift gals have a bunch of cakes made but don't have time to decorate them. I told them I did not care, I was on vacation and I'll be in next week to get it all put back together. They feel bad but it is not their fault.
When we got home, I started back on the laundry. Opened up the dryer and low and behold there was money! Woo hoo!! I just earned 40 bucks :} I was doing the girls' clothes so I knew that one of them had left money in their pockets. My guess was that it was Gabby's because she always puts her money in her back pocket. While folding that load of laundry, I earned 140 bucks!!!! That was some load of laundry. I did give the money back to Gabby because it was pretty much her Christmas money that she had left over from vacation. She was in her bedroom laughing the whole time I was folding that laundry. Then out pops a question that only Gabby could ask. One of her $20's was slightly torn and she asks.....
"Mom, if this twenty is torn in half would I have $40 dollars?"
I was still shaking my head in disbelief when I answered.
"No, Gabby, you would have a 20 dollar bill torn in half. That does not mean you would have twice the amount of money."
Yep, she is an A student that really needs to think before asking some questions. I blame it on her daddy :} Cause it doesn't come from my side of the family, unless you count my sister Janeie :} My daddy used to call her a dingbat so maybe I'll start to use that term.
I am still chuckling about this when the fighting begins. WHAT?! What is there to fight about?! "She was gonna....." "No I wasn't......" "So, I did......" "And then she did......" blah blah blah blah blah......
They need to go back to school!
Is anyone else out there getting the "What are we doing today?" question? I have made the same reply over and over. "I don't know what we are doing. I planned everything we did all of last week down to what we were eating every night so I'm not planning anything this week! If you wanna do something, let me know." I guess doing the laundry and running the vacuum doesn't constitute any fun for anyone other than me (big choking cough and ahem's inserted here). I'm tired and just wanna stay home but I'm sure we will be heading out to do something big and exciting.
We are headed up to my MIL's tomorrow after Abby's volleyball practice. Can you believe the kids have to practice on New Year's Day????!!!! I about blew a gasket over that one and told Abby she may not go just to prove my point (you don't own every day of Christmas break and there are some days that are off limits). Even my DH was surprised and annoyed. Enough ranting - SORRY!
I'm gonna crash for a bit before all the partying starts. Maybe catch a nap so I don't fall asleep at 8pm. A nap will definitely happen if I have to keep watching all the financial stuff my DH has on.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Jeanette
Merry Christmas
10 months ago

2 comments:
Happy 100th post & Happy New Year!
I took my kids to Cold stone today, too. I wanted a float but the Cold Stone guy made me make my own from a coke and a scoop of ice cream. Can you believe that he is not "allowed" to make floats?
Anyhow, the kids were happy with their ice cream and we enjoyed getting out for awhile.
LOL! You'd better keep an eye on Gabby!
I hope you have a great New Year's Eve.
Hugs,
Mimi
Congratulations on your 100th post! And Happy New Year to you and your family!
Post a Comment