We are down to our last few days before school and work starts up again.
I have mixed emotions.
I will be good to get everyone out of the house and back to a schedule
BUT
that also means that Abby's volleyball season goes into full swing with her first game Tuesday night.
AND
Gabby's competitive volleyball season begins as well as weekly softball practice for both girls. Add that to the homework they will have each night you can see what I am dreading.
These few days are the only days of rest we have left until real life hits us in the face.
We have totally become house hermits! I have enjoyed watching MANY games of football and MANY movies. We have done a little shopping. You know, doing our part to stimulate the economy! I have a pair of black boots coming from Clark (my fav shoe store). They had a great sale and I NEEDED a pair of black boots to wear with my black skirt. Because I am trying to be cool and it is just NOT happenin'. FYI, if they don't have your size, they send them to your house for FREE!!!
I am working on a Shutterfly photo book of our vacation. It is much easier to show pictures if they are not on your computer :} I don't print pictures, just keep 'em on my computer and backed up on Picasa. Love Picasa!!
Gabby is working on studying for her last 2 finals on Monday. She will be happy when they are over but she is not overly concerned about either one. Abby just wants to get back into the grove and get classes started already.
Yesterday I laid down the law with the girls. I decided to get a workout in before grabbing a shower. My body is as shocked by this as you are! After my workout in Hawaii, I headed upstairs to grab a nice warm shower with my yummy smelling Philosphy (if you have never tried Philosphy, do, you will LOVE IT - qvc.com has it for good prices) shower gel. Gabby was already in and out of the shower so I should have known that my shower would not be warm. I got to take a lukewarm shower and got in and out in record time. From now on, if the girls take a shower in the morning, they are limited to 10 minutes PERIOD! Gabby's shower went 20 MINUTES!!! She is a tiny girl, how does it take 20 minutes to wash??? Anyway, I will be picking up a timer and using it for their morning showers. I don't care if they take a long shower at night - I don't generally need a lot of hot water in the evenings. I'm just tired of ALWAYS getting the cold one in the morning :}
Well, I better start supper. Chicken wrapped with bacon - yummy!!
Hugs,
Jeanette
Merry Christmas
10 months ago

2 comments:
I am so with you!!! It is time for the kids to be in school to get a bit of order back to the house. I totally agree with you about the shower issue too.
Have a great Sunday!
"My body is as shocked by this as you are!" - THAT was fu-unny! Made me snort!
We are home from Disney and our bodies are SO tired. That trip slap wore us out! But boy oh boy did we have fun!
Happy New Year Jeanette!
Post a Comment