I'm ahead of myself :}
I was struck with a huge idea while sitting in church.
What?
It was before the sermon started!
I realized that Gabby had very subtly been telling me what she really wanted for her birthday next Sunday. (I know, we get blindsided before AND after Christmas). What were we thinking??
So, what does Gabby want for her birthday you ask?
Yes, you were asking!
Now, don't say you weren't! I know you were!
She has been eyeballing Uggs for a good two months. So I asked the question.
"Gabby, would you like some Uggs for your birthday?"
She sighed a very relieved sigh....
"YES!" was her reply.
Now, for those of you without girls. Uggs are suede boots with the really warm wooly insides. They are rather expensive so I was thinking that maybe we could pick her up the knock offs but the knock offs wouldn't last a month. So, today I started searching the net for more reasonable prices. Her feet have stopped growing so good shoes are now a must.
I hit the jackpot! Bergner's had the original Emu's (I believe that Ugg's copied them but not entirely sure) on sale and they are only 5 miles from our house so off to Bergner's we went. They had exactly the ones she wanted and we got out the door for under $120. Ugg's were selling for more plus shipping. Not a bad birthday gift. Yes, she wore them out of the store!
After Bergner's we headed over to Walmart. I know Walmart on Sunday? I figured if I had to go to pick up razor blades for my DH, I might as well pick up the few groceries that I needed and then I would not have to go back tomorrow. Well, lunchmeat, veggies, fruit, milk, pop, birthday cards, butter and razors later. I am done grocery shopping for the week! BTW, does anyone know why they would not have grapes? Don't they usually have grapes year round? I picked up strawberries instead but am still sad that they did not have grapes.
Therefore, as previously stated, I am ahead of myself :}
Now, if I can be this efficient the rest of the year.....
Ok, we won't go there!!
Playing our final round of Master Detective Clue tonight. Gabby won last night after a knock down drag-out-the-rules fight with Abby. She was "suggesting" and not "accusing" and that is the difference in winning the game :} I whipped them both at Skip-bo and Phase 10 on Friday night.
I'm gonna grab the last slice of leftover pizza and some popcorn for supper and then get into my jammies because I just love my jammies.
Hugs!
Jeanette
Merry Christmas
8 months ago

1 comments:
We love Uggs! You got a good deal. Gabby must be on cloud 9!
Post a Comment