I know that title does NOT sound right.
BUT....
It is a Monday morning and I don't care :}
Gabby is back to school today with a list of do's and don'ts.
Do make sure you get more Freeze On put on your back at lunch time.
Don't run (duh!)
Do try to make it to class on time.
Do try to get someone to carry your books.
Don't sit with your leg crossed.
Do go to the office if the pain becomes unbearable.
I don't know if she will make it through the day. I'm praying she will.
I slapped an Icy Hot patch on her this morning and gave her the meds she is to take. She also has a support belt that helps a little. She was not doing good last night and could hardly walk again. She pushed herself a bit more than she should have and she paid for it that is for sure!
She wanted to go to softball practice (but was allowed to do NOTHING). Apparently she picked up stay softballs. DUH! Bending and picking up will cause pain eventually! And it did.
While she and Abs were at softball, my DH and I went over to Walmart to get the grocery shopping done and then went over to Culver's so that he could have some supper (I ate before we left). I started laughing when we got out of the car. There sat a LARGE SUV running with no one in it. Apparently, the folks sat and ate while their vehicle stayed warm. 20 minutes later, they left. Now, it is cold here but it was still about 25 degrees outside. The wind was not really blowing so it was not that bad. Really? Do we have so much money to blow that we can just let our cars run while we go inside and eat? Now, for those of you who live in my area, can you guess what town we were in?? And, it was NOT Peoria! If you guessed, Morton, that would be correct. My statement was "You know your in Morton when you pull up to a restaurant and the vehicles are all running and the people are inside the restaurant."
We celebrated Gabby's 15th birthday yesterday. She already got her new boots last week so she only had one gift to open. She received a new sweater and some new jammies plus 2 chapsticks with her schools name on them. I thought they were fun and she liked them too. We had her ice cream cake after lunch and then spread out through the house to do homework, read and watch football.
I'll post some pictures later. I really need to get going on this house. It won't clean itself you know :{
Hugs!
Jeanette
Merry Christmas
7 months ago

1 comments:
Poor Gabby!
It may take some physical therapy to get her feeling better. Did they tell her to always keep something behind her lower back
to support her posture-like a small pillow? It's important to maintain good posture for that type of injury.
My kids school has parents with huge suvs that they let run for over 30 minutes with the heat or air on while they wait for their kids in the parking lot. There's a very large lobby with chairs inside and there's also the lunch area and an enclosed patio wher most parents wait-but spme would rather pollute and waste!
People are so funny...
Have fun cleaning your house!
Post a Comment