Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The dog days of summer!

Praises I can see again! Got the hair cut this morning and then headed to my sister's house (http://www.welcome2jujusworld.blogspot.com/) to have some fun in the sun. It was the perfect day to hit the pool. HOT!

I joined the kiddos in the pool under the strict order that they were NOT to get my hair wet.

What?!

I just got my haircut and she styled it and everything. I get one day a month that I don't have to do my own hair and you are laughing at me?! I still have places to go and people to see tonight and I did not want to have to deal with the whole hair issue.

We just got done eating brats and corn on the cob. Isn't that the perfect summer meal? I could have gone for a pasta salad to go with it but no time to make it. The kids did not complain and were just happy to have something to eat before heading to youth group.

Enjoy what is left of this perfect summer day!

Jeanette

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Can't help but to laugh...Sounds like when I get into the pool...I guess the kids just don't get it...they don't care about hair issues:)....

thanks for the tip on the wallpapper...haven't heard of that one...so far it is coming off fairly easy with just vinegar and warm water...maybe its because of the plaster walls...we've never dealt with them before...if we run into anymore trouble I'll try this stuff out...Thanks so much and come back to visit...

enjoyed your blog....

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't burn!

Anonymous said...

We had a great time too!!! How did the cakes turn out?

Jeanette said...

Cakes look great and we only have 2 left to do tomorrow.