Whew! Today has been exhausting!!
I decided to sleep in until 8 this morning and that meant we got to the grocery store by 9. We needed to head to the local music store to pick up some items that Gabby will need for band camp next week. She is a freshman so she needed a lyre and black gloves for the marching band. On the way home we needed gas so I was cleared by the bank to take out a second mortgage on the house to put gas in my car. I know that my car is better on gas than some on the road but really $56 for gas?! When we bought our car 4 years ago it took $20 to fill up - oh those were the days!
Once we finally got home I needed to get started on laundry and house cleaning. My kids don't get it but I clean the house and do laundry every Monday. After the weekend, it is usually trashed and when everyone heads off the school and work, it is the perfect time to get it cleaned up. The summer kind of blows that schedule out of the water. Last week we had VBS so we skipped cleaning day and the kids were thrilled. I paid the price today. The girls always have to clean their own rooms during the summer so they did their stuff yesterday and even "helped" do some dusting in the family room, office and sunroom too. We had our windows open yesterday and it was prettty windy so all their dusting did absolutely no good. Everything was covered in dust again today. My goal was to be done by the time the hubs got home and Abs needed to be at violin lessons at 6pm.
NOPE!
I finally finished about 8:30 and noticed that the banana's were REALLY ripe so I whipped up some banana bread with the help of Gabs. We decided to make chocolate chip cookies too. I was working on unloading the dishwasher (something I hate to do but I had other dishes lined up to go in so I had to unload) I NEVER was dishes by hand, if something is to be handwashed, we don't use it.
Gabs was working on making the cookies. She had all the ingredients and was just working up a storm. I turned around and she had all the ingredients in the bowl but had not mixed any of it! I started laughing because this is just something that she would do! She is a blonde and no offense to other blonde's out there but she has a real dingy streak that goes through every once in a while and we just have to laugh. I finally got it all mixed together and started the baking. We finished up about 10:30. She is now in bed after running the vacuum to clean up her sugar mess all over the kitchen floor. So glad I cleaned before we started baking!!
I still have one load of laundry to do in the morning but otherwise am all caught up. At least I am pretty much done with the house for the week. I'll do laundry again on Thursday and iron on Friday but I won't have to do much else. I dread housework so I try to get it all out of the way in one day.
Tomorrow I get to go to work. If you have to work outside the home, there is no better job than playing in ice cream and chocolate all day! I make my own hours and come in and leave as I please. The girls will enjoy their day at home too. There are days when mom and daughters are best kept apart. I have decided the days that we are all PMSing are the best days to be gone. Do I hear all your heads nodding?
Rest well!
Jeanette
Merry Christmas
7 months ago

1 comments:
So funny, and I can so relate to the bank and getting a mortgage for gas!! Speaking of washing clothes.....
Post a Comment