Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday and obedience...don't they go hand in hand?

I firmly believe that Sunday's are the worst day of the week for our family. For some reason my girls can get out of bed all by themselves at 7am on any other given day of the week. Sundays they can not. (We head into first service at church that starts at 8:15.)

I have to wake them, get a shower and then head back to their rooms to get them out of bed again. This morning I was tired of that routine so I just yelled "GET UP" down the hallway in a tone that they don't hear very often. I made one request - no jeans this morning. (Our church is a dress the way you want kinda church and growing up in dresses I am a bit more lenient than other moms). I heard OK mom from both and went to finish getting ready.

Abby, my youngest, came in with a pair of bermuda's on asking if she could wear them. I was not really happy but said yes - at least they weren't jeans. She then asked me to braid her hair so I did. Good - one is ready, I am ready, Bill takes care of himself and Gab was the only one I had not seen this morning. She comes out in a dress. YIPEE! All of us are ready and we have followed directions!

2 stars for mom this morning.

WRONG!

We are all headed to the car when I see that Abby is not with us. A few minutes later she comes running out. I notice that she has taken the braids out and redone her hair. OK, fine she did not like her hair - typical 13 year old! I did not notice that anything else was not quite right until I looked down during the sermon to notice that she had changed her bermuda's and put on a pair of denim capri's.

AAAAAHHHHHHH!

I gave her the look of death and she just smiled. Knowing that by the time we get home I would probably forget to let her know about her fashion faux pax. I did not! Next week she gets to wear a skirt or a dress. I will leave it up to her to choose which one.

As for the rest of my day...... well, the girls are upstairs cleaning their rooms because they don't want to do it tomorrow and I am going to read a book after I eat some lunch. Bill is outside working on the trimming so the yard can get mowed tomorrow. It is a beautiful day, our windows are open, and I am going to take my pastor up on his 14 day challenge - to spend an hour a day with God. I figure if I can spend an hour reading I might as well read His Word. Blessings on your Sunday!

Jeanette

2 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Have a lovely Sunday afternoon. Mine is nice and quiet and I am grateful for that!

Gina

Anonymous said...

Abby should have caught on to the look!