Thursday, July 17, 2008

Work, home & school - the count down is on!

Gabby and I had some fun today. I needed to get into Cold Stone to get some cakes decorated so I asked Gab if she wanted to go. She did - she enjoys going and "playing" while helping to get the job done. We got 15 cakes done today and have 2 to complete tomorrow. I am amazed at how many people buy the cakes. Like the ice cream, they are not cheap but they just fly out the door. The owner actually owns 2 stores and he said they sell about 250 cakes a month from the store I work at. The other store sells over 300!

I have been putting in a ton of hours the last few weeks to get their display built back up. (I am blessed to be able to make my own hours and come & go as I please) Since Father's day it seemed to be continually empty. I had a hard time getting the cakes built and decorated so the kids at the store started building them while I was decorating. I love all the kids at the store. They are all good kids for the most part. I laugh at their young way of thinking. Last week was my hubs & my anniversary and one of the guys asked why I was working on my anniversay. I laughed and looked at him like he was nuts. I told him that after 19 years it was ok for us to go to work on our anniversary. He and his girlfriend celebrate their 1 year dating anniversary and he is planning on taking her to Taco Bell! I should not laugh too much. I remember our 1st, 2nd and 3rd anniversary found us going to an Arnold movie. At the 4th anniversary I put my foot down and we didn't go to an Arnold movie - it was a Stalone movie.

Abby stayed home today and ran the vacuum and finished the last load of laundry. She enjoys staying at home by herself. Her week started kinda rough. She was REALLY upset about some nail polish and she was trying to get off her nails. I have never seen her this way. She was almost in tears using the polish remover and rubbing at her fingers. I told her it was no big deal and not to worry about it. Wrong thing to say! She had a little tizzy fit (you know, jumping up and down, on the verge of tears, stomping) and finally got the polish off. The stomping must have been what got the polish off!

I think we are all tired of summer and in need of our school schedule. Do I hear any amens and yes mamamm's out there? I love summer but about this time every year we are all itching to get back into the swing of things. School supplies have been purchased and everything has been organized. Gab is starting to freak out about being a freshman and all the "pressure" she is under. (As if we are all excited about her taking drivers ed book 4th quarter) Abby is just happy that she will be in the top dog class at middle school this year as an 8th grader.

Me?

My girls think I am the lucky one that does not have to take tests and do homework. Yeah, I agree it is much easier on me - I get to make sure they do their homework and help them study for their tests! I just hope I am up to passing the 8th & 9th grades again! I should be able to do 8th grade as I just did that one last year but the 9th grade - I just don't know!! I think that will take a lot of prayer.

Enjoy your evening!

Jeanette

ps - 1 month from tomorrow = 1st day of school!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN AND AMEN!

heartsfulloflove said...

NO WAY!! How come I didn't know you did Coldstone cakes?????????? How long have you been there? You may have done the one we had for my birthday. Everyone loved it. I have a naughty obsession with CS and I used to not be an ice cream lover. I LOVE their French Toast ice cream. The owner of your store is SUPER nice...at least we thought so when we met him once.
Well, since we discovered them, they are the cakes for us!! Sorry, I am catching up on blog reading so this is my first time reading your blog.

Meg said...

I can't wait for school to start either. Let's get this summer business over with already!