Saturday, August 2, 2008

I accept this award .... What is that stench?






My sister, Julie, nominated me for this award. I am humbled, touched and I want to thank the academy for nominating me....

Oh, sorry! I got carried away, what with looking like Eva Longoria Parker (see previous posts) and receiving an award I thought I was in Hollywood :}

So I am supposed to spread the love with other bloggers so here are the rules etc.

1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3. Nominate at least 5 other blogs.
4. Add links to these blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.

And the winners are:

1. Mama Belle
2. Sarah
3. Gina
4. Meg
5. Patrice

I love to read about all these wonderful ladies! If you haven't read their blogs yet, grab something cold to drink and have some fun.

So, on to real life....

Last night my hubs and eldest daughter got home from St. Louis. We were hoping that they would play really well and at least get thru today but nope. They lost their first two games in tourney play so they got to come home early.

Gabby got right upstairs and started to empty everything out. I walked into her room and about died. "What is that stench?" She just looked at me like I was an alien or something. "I don't smell anything" was her reply. I tell you it about made my eyes water. It seems that everything in her suitcase was wet with sweat so EVERYTHING was stinky. Soooooo, today I am working on laundry and getting everything put away.

Here she is last night after emptying her suitcase.



Sometimes she can be so happy other times, ah, not so much. Life with 2 teen girls :} Here is a picture of her whole softball team. They had just won a tournament that qualified them to play at nationals.

Even though they did not do as well as we had hoped, we are still so proud of them! Good job girls!!!! (Gabby is the first one on the left, back row)

Rest well this weekend, girls, we have a busy week coming up.

Blessings,
Jeanette

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh ... I don't have this one. My head may start to swell a little. Thanks so much! I'll definitely grab it later this weekend.

Don't you love emptying out nasty, stinky, wet camp clothes? I have had to do this a few times this summer. Fun.

Anonymous said...

O.K. Dear Sister . . . enough with the OLDER stuff in your posts! To set the record straight - I am ONLY two 1/2 years older!!! Not too much older!!! Yes, you too Dear Sis are over 40 and not far behind your lovable and slightly older sister!

Love, hugs, and kisses . . .

Jeanette said...

Ok, ok, ok - I have deleted the "older" word in front of your name. I promise to never use that term in regards to my sister again!

House is looking great!!

Anonymous said...

Did you even get a little bit of a smile about my post! You had to KNOW that you gave me something to blog about by using the word older. ha ha

I know you absolutely know I was just teasing with you and was in no way offended by the use of older. You have to admit . . . it was a great post - especially with the Brady Bunch singers!

Your photo was pretty good too!

I love you Sis - More than you will ever know!

Hey, did it surprise you to see your pic on my blog?!?!

Anonymous said...

HATED THE PLAID PANTS!!! They were polyester to boot!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being such a great sport about it!

There wasn't anything going on at my house to blog about. It was also too dang hot to go out and make something to blog about! Something like "CRAZY MOM TO FIVE DIES OF HEATSTROKE" was just not on my list today! You were a much better choice of topic!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Jeanette,

Thank you for your kind award. That is so sweet!

I heart my washing machine! Can you imagine washing clothes the old fashioned way? No thank you!

Have a lovely Monday,

Gina

daughter of the King said...

I read your comment at Life in the Parsonage about starting a church plant this month. How exciting! Be ready for God's greatness and man's sinfulness to overwhelm you all at the same time. God is good but Satan sure makes it rough at times. Hang in there and get ready for an adventure!

j said...

Got in an hour ago. You made me feel very cared about with your sweet comments!

Gabby is just gorgeous. I understand about THAT smell though. When I was a substitute teacher at the kiddo's school, I always dreaded that minute when they came in the door from PE.

Pee- EW!

Be blessed.

Jen

OH! And congrats on the award :)